Zumba

Options
I have a quick question for all you Zumba-lovers.

What is the name of the hot tea you drink before Zumba and the shake for after Zumba. My instructor wants to know more about it for her and I to try before we offer it to the rest of the classes. THANK YOU so much!!!

Replies

• kcebolsk
    kcebolsk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    There is a tea to drink before? What does it do???
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    There is a tea to drink before? What does it do???
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What? theres a tea and a shake? I love zumba and never heard of that....i'm curious :noway:
  • soonermommy3
    Options
    Wondering the same thing. I've never heard of a shake or tea.
  • jsonnett02
    jsonnett02 Posts: 110
    Options
    what do the drinks do for u??
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm. . . . I do Zumba, but sorry completely dumbfounded about this tea. Never heard of it!:smile:
  • squirrelley
    Options
    Never heard of it, but let me know when you find out!!!:smile:
  • Hoplost
    Hoplost Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Googled.... still can`t figure out what you are talking about like ALL of the above posts.

Any chance you are just talking about green tea and a protein shake since those 2 food items are mentioned constantly on MFP?
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it, either. A lot of people will drink protein shakes after a workout to help aid in muscle recovery, but I don't know of one that's specifically made for zumba...

Try googling it....google knows all!
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I tried googling it too, but found nothing.

I heard about from a friend of mine that does Zumba in TX. Something about the hot tea forces you to burn double the calories in a 1/2 hour class. The shake eliminates all hunger for up 4 hours afterwards.

I sent an email off to my friend in TX, but figured i would try here too. I will let everyone know what I learn, unless someone else can tells us on here sooner. Thanks everyone!!!
  • ocbrenda
    ocbrenda Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking its herbalife tea and shake?
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    there's tea?? :ohwell:
  • Chrisciac
    Chrisciac Posts: 3
    Options
    I know alot of people are doing ADVOCARE. They have a few different things. They have a tea/energy type drink, as well as protein drinks.
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Okay, heres the scoop!

It is called Herbal Tea concentrate and comes in original, lemon, peach, and raspberry. from www.herbalproducts4life.com
    I am going to order it and try it. I will keep this forum updated as to the results! thank you everyone!!!!
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm in Texas and do Zumba 5 days a week! I've never heard of a tea or shake to drink with Zumba. What I do know is that green tea helps you burn more calories...so maybe that's what you are talking about. The other thing our instructors have been pushing is that if you want to put off the sugar cravings after working out..not just Zumba...eat something high in protein within 45 mins of finishing the workout and your body won't crave the sugar any more! Hope that helps :smile:

I tried googling it too, but found nothing.

I heard about from a friend of mine that does Zumba in TX. Something about the hot tea forces you to burn double the calories in a 1/2 hour class. The shake eliminates all hunger for up 4 hours afterwards.

I sent an email off to my friend in TX, but figured i would try here too. I will let everyone know what I learn, unless someone else can tells us on here sooner. Thanks everyone!!!
  • shrinkingsami
    shrinkingsami Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! I just started zumba! I got it for the WII, but my neighbor also teaches Zumba, I never new it would be so much fun!!!