Muscle weakness during and after workout?

Options
kak22283
kak22283 Posts: 31 Member
Hello, I just took an intense boot camp style class, it was only my second class... Today during class I started to feel like my legs are jello! Now I can barely walk up the stairs and I'm been out of the class for 45 mins and had a protein shake since... Is there anything I can do to recover better or faster? Or prevent this at all? nothing hurts.. Just feel weak and shakey... Thanks

Replies

• DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    You're gonna be sore. My suggestions - ibuprofen, and keep moving. It'll get better but when you first start a new workout routine you can be very sore.
  • allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    STRETCH!!! lol...I just got through this. My first 3 weeks of Insanity were brutal. First line of defense, stretch MORE and then epsom salts soak and then ibuprofen :) And just keep pushing!
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    For me, that type of fatigue could indicate that I did not get enough sleep the night before or I am not eating enough before the activity. You could try having a snack about an hour before the workout and see if there's a difference in performance.
  • kak22283
    Options
    I had a bowl of kaishi oatmeal 2 hours before... I think maybe I need to eat later.. I may have to skip coffee in the morning... Thanks for the advice. Time to stretch and soak, and drink...
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Besides what others have offered, try a tablespoon of chia and full hydration before the workout.
  • kak22283
    Options
    Oh I have chai seeds, I will try that!! Thank you!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Make sure you stretch well before and after working out. Have you eaten properly? Enough protein after working out? Carbs before working out for energy? It all helps....but you will have muscle soreness.

Also drink lots of water.
  • EvanKeel
    Options
    Doesn't look like they were complaining about soreness at all. In fact, they specifically excluded it.
  • kak22283
    Options
    I just wanted to mention I wasn't in pain, such as an injury or anything... I added a profile pic, so u can see me, lol... I honestly feel like I didn't drink enough before, normally I drink a bottle of water before and I didn't... I also didn't get a good quality sleep last night... I'm thinking everyone is telling my this weakness is a precursor to being sore... I took the first class Friday and was sore saturday and Sunday, I stretched all weekend and walked, so I will prob do the same tomorrow. Thanks everyone!
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    EvanKeel wrote: »
    Doesn't look like they were complaining about soreness at all. In fact, they specifically excluded it.

OP said no soreness 45 minutes after the class, but that her legs felt like jello. I've been there - went to a class, felt totally fine during class, got home and my knees buckled going down the stairs. It was crazy. Next day I was in so much pain I could barely move.
  • EvanKeel
    Options
    DirrtyH wrote: »
    EvanKeel wrote: »

OP said no soreness 45 minutes after the class, but that her legs felt like jello. I've been there - went to a class, felt totally fine during class, got home and my knees buckled going down the stairs. It was crazy. Next day I was in so much pain I could barely move.

My point being that remedies for DOMS will likely be different then preventative measures for dealing with muscle fatigue during a workout.