Good idea or bad idea...

Options
PaulaDDN
PaulaDDN Posts: 162 Member
Before i got pregnant, maybe even during the firsti month of pregnancy (January 2010) i was wearing size 7 Hollister skinny jeans, and point out that they are Hollister because the sizes there are smaller than in other stores (like Gap, Old Navy) or other brands. Anyway, im not back in size 7 ... not yet, but i will. Right now im size 10 (they fit a little big now) and the other day i went to the Hollister store and i bought three skinny jeans size 7, they dont fit at all, but they are motivating me to keep on track, i just have one pair of blue jeans that fit right now so i better loss this junk in my trunk. I refuse to buy a new pair of bigger blue jeans

So, what do you think, was it a good or bad idea to buy 3 pair of jeans that dont even fit me?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea!
  • monoxidechick
    monoxidechick Posts: 339
    Options
    I also think its a great idea!! My clothes goals are my most motivating and I feel SOOOOO good when I finally fit into something that I have and did not fit before.

I know it seemed to take forever for me to fit into smaller sizes even when I was losing the lbs though, so you may want to buy a pair or two of some type of pants that will fit in the meantime.

Good luck and I know those pants will fit you in no time!!
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't do that because it would upset me if I couldn't fit in my clothes. But I'm easily upset.
    But if its going to motivate you then I guess its a good idea.
  • annadilynn
    annadilynn Posts: 84
    Options
    i wish i had money to buy one pair of jeans at hollister...LOL....
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    DO IT! My goal clothes are big on me now! Its amazing! I pulled them out when I hit goal weight and they were floppy!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Honestly not sure...., after having kids my hips are def. are wider than before kids. Even though I weigh less now than before I got pregnant. So I guess it depends. I'd definitely save the receipt (just in case) but if you fit in them again some day - then celebrate and tell the world! :)
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    your weight loss is wonderful but you need to be happy with the person you are now too. that means looking your best at whatever size you are. you can't do that in clothes that don't fit you. if 10's are too big you should have gotten a pair of size 9's, you are a beautiful woman what ever size you are. be happy with yourself. you deserve a new outfit now that you can wear now. not later. the having something to look forward to is nice. one pair of pants in the size 7 would have done that.
  • Mary1NYS
    Mary1NYS Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I saved a pair of skinny jeans and found them the other day. I guess I need maybe 10-15 lbs to lose to fit into them. I made it my goal and my motivation. So yeah....grasp onto that which motivates!
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good idea...I still have my smaller size jeans..I kept them because I plan to get into them again!
  • SweetP88
    SweetP88 Posts: 79
    Options
    When I gained my weight I had always kept 2 pairs of my "skinny" jeans in the hopes I would get back into them....as I started this I would occasionally try them on.....guess what....they are too big now. I think that is a fine goal as long as you didn't spend ridiculous amounts of $$.

p.s. I would also take a pair of the jeans and put them in the snack cupboard or in the freezer by the ice cream as a reminder that I wanted to wear them and it help with my temptations. My husband thought it was funny when he opened the freezer and saw my pants :tongue:
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options
    I do it all the time!! I will hang my "goal jeans" in the bathroom, and periodically try them on..... they are my motivator jeans...!! Such a great feeling to FINALLY get to wear them OUT OF THE BATHROOM! lol