Anyone else getting started... AGAIN?

Options

Replies

• gemdood
    gemdood Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    so there again. lost a load of weight, was down to 124lbs and took a break after a friend said I was looking too skinny (I am only short 5ft 3.5 inches) so no eating disorders or any of that jazz. Roll on several years I am at my heaviest ever at 156lbs (i actually weighed less after giving birth to my daughter 13 years ago!) with around two pairs of pants that fit and not a lot else...... keep being "good" for a day or two and then falling off the wagon. This week I've started again and am on day 4. gonna try to do it right this time and add people for motivation / inspiration and hopefully I can provide some back, so feel free to add me :smile:
  • ellycotton
    ellycotton Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes me too!! Had a 10 month break whlist being pregnant. Feel free to add me :)
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I am. I lost around 15-18 pounds or so back in 2013. Managed to gain around 24 back... It's time to get rid of it all over again! Feel free to add me. :)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I have been back at it since January and down 14 lbs. Funny thing is, I looked at my graph from a year ago and I am one pound away from being the weight I was then.... It took me a year to gain and lose to the same weight. I have been working on getting my lifting in by doing Stronglifts and starting from ground zero.
  • catbyrd
    catbyrd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This would be me. I lost 50 lbs at the end of 2013. Life was rough in 2014 with my children and a bad relationship and I gained 30 lbs. back. Now I am on the track to loose this weight and reach my end goal. And stay there!!! More power to all of us!!!
  • Jd_jaquez
    Jd_jaquez Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting over this Monday May 4th as that's the day I'll be getting my scheduled c-section... Ive gained 32lbs this pregnancy and would like to lose that plus 10 more... Feel free to add me
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I too am starting again, I feel sad and disgusted with myself right now and need some inspiration and support to get on and stay on track. I hate to think what I weigh, I am guessing alot!. Want to lose 12 kilo to start, then go from there... we can support each other!
  • crpoll5
    crpoll5 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I used to be a MFP junkie and got into the best shape of my life. I had to leave for personal reasons but now it is time to come back. I love MFP and the people on it. Anyone please feel free to add me.
  • graceyface14
    graceyface14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Starting again myself and needing some motivation to stick to it for GOOD!
  • RemakingJia
    RemakingJia Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have lost count of the number of times i have started my weight loss attempts. But this time, thankfully, i have discovered MFP. So harbouring all positive thoughts because i gotta lose15kg in time for my wedding.
  • tsw413
    tsw413 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Totally get this! I lost 40 lbs during college...10 years ago. Gained 20 during grad school and maintained at that level until I got married 2 years ago...Now I'm looking at 190 (up 50lbs since college) and feel like I "start over" every Monday!! Looking for friends and accountability!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm back too. I started at 202, got down to 151 (wanted to be down to 139) got in a relationship and am currently back around 170. I've been out of the relationship for a few months. I was running half marathons, etc... I'm still doing half marathons, just not training or running the entire 13.1 miles. I'm getting back to real training and really working on eating well. WE can do this.
  • ilovecheesygrits
    ilovecheesygrits Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    y dairy is open. I am not new to this, but I am starting over with it so it feels new. I was in tip top shape 3 years ago during my husbands final deployment. I ate clean, I became a gym rat, I felt amazing! Then he came home... He retired from 20 years in the Navy and I lost my motivation. I need to find it again!!!! <3
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I am doing this for the last of umpteen times. I want this to be my last do over and get this weight gone. Started at 218 in January and am down to 205. It is coming off slowly but I am also more mindful of what I am doing this time.
  • wifeymou1112
    wifeymou1112 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started too! This time last year was at goal weight 138lbs and then got pregnant and gained loads of weight from eating farmer too much food and chocolate! Have just over 35lbs to lose to get back to how I was and then some! Had a c-section so taking it slow at the moment until fully healed :-)
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I have been back at it since January and down 14 lbs. Funny thing is, I looked at my graph from a year ago and I am one pound away from being the weight I was then.... It took me a year to gain and lose to the same weight. I have been working on getting my lifting in by doing Stronglifts and starting from ground zero.

Sounds like me, but it's been 2 years at the same weight. I have lost and gained the same 10 lbs over and over. Admittedly I was involved in a pretty bad car accident and was unable to walk for quite a while. I have only recently been cleared by the doctors/therapists to return to the gym. I seem to be doing alright with the exercise part but I can't seem to stop eating - hardest thing ever. I lost close to 80 lbs in 2012/13 so you'd think I can figure it our but no matter how hard I try I can't seem to stop eating like crap.

I'm currently on day 3 of not snacking at night and am hoping to kick it for good this time!
  • zahraa08
    zahraa08 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Been there, and I back again! As long as we have the motivation to it again, then it's possible because we've done it before. Taking the same starts back
  • lyraluss
    lyraluss Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have such a problem. I move from losing 20 to gaining 30, and then losing 50 to gaining 30 back. I am in a constant struggle with myself to not eat the foods that are really bad for me.

• Bplamondon
    Bplamondon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yeah, same here - lost 105, gained back 55. It's pretty upsetting if I focus on the past and how hard I worked to see it vanish cause I didn't really focus on it for a number of months. Oh well - back to it. Anyone who wants to add me, do so, seems we all understand what its like to slip.
  • agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yes! I lost 60lbs, got pregnant, and ALLOWED myself to gain it all back. I started again at 196. I'm down to 188, I would LOVE to get back down to 135 but I am taking it 5-10lbs at a time. I'm 5'2".. I just bought a new food scale during lunch and my husband is getting me a new HRM since I loved making my workouts more competitive last time. I'd love new friends on here to hold each other accountable!