protein bars............

Options
Are there any protein bars out there that actually taste good?!? I don't eat enough through out the day and would like to try protein bars.......any suggestions? :huh:

Replies

• cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    uuuuuuh any peanut butter flavoured one...
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I like protein bars. Sure, they aren't Snickers but they satisfy my sweet tooth just fine! I like the Balance bars (Cookie Dough flavor). It has 210 cals and 15g of protein. Though I'd like to find a more natural protein bar with fewer cals, but it's hard to find one with a decent amount of protein (higher than 10 grams).
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I really like the Special K ones, the chocolate peanut butter and double chocolate. They have 10 grams of protein and taste excellent.
  • RebekahShaffer
    RebekahShaffer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like Balance Bars.....cookie dough flavor.
  • Chey16
    Chey16 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Special K's Taste like a candy bar!!!!
  • MaryW1962
    MaryW1962 Posts: 23
    Options
    Yes! I love the Pure Protein bars. The peanut butter is the best, but the chocolate one is pretty good too. They have 200 calories, 6g fat, 200mg sodium, 1g fiber, 2g sugar, 20g protein. This is the best one I could find. Not too much sugar and a lot of protein. I eat one right after my workout, usually it's my breakfast. Love it!!! It satisfies my sweet tooth also!
  • cchen7
    cchen7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Similar situation here and I bought 3 brands to try: Clif, Luna, and Lara. Luna won due to tasting more like a regular granola / candy bar. My favorite Luna flavor was the chocolate coconut with cranberry second. I've found mini sized Luna bars at some Target stores.
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    I like the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut bar by CLIF. Yum! They also make something called Mojo bars. Which are like trail mix in a bar in wonderful flavors!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I love clif builders. They're like.... amaaaaazing! Also, if you need just a little protein, luna protein bars are yum. Clif bars often have like 10g, and powerbar protein bars are good too..
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Pure protein bars - I love the smore flavor and chocolate peanut butter
  • erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love the Pure Protein bars. The peanut butter is the best, but the chocolate one is pretty good too. They have 200 calories, 6g fat, 200mg sodium, 1g fiber, 2g sugar, 20g protein. This is the best one I could find. Not too much sugar and a lot of protein. I eat one right after my workout, usually it's my breakfast. Love it!!! It satisfies my sweet tooth also!

and Smores!
  • kmhines75
    kmhines75 Posts: 1
    Options
    I enjoy cliff bars and you would like the chocolate chip peanut crunch it has 260 cal., 6 g fat, 200 mg sodium, 42 carb, 5g fiber and 11g protein
    Also if you are on a good exercise plan I really like the peanut butter cliff builder's bar its 270 cal and 20 g of protein
  • suzukigurl
    suzukigurl Posts: 90
    Options
    Thank you all!!! Going to the store tomorrow morning!! :bigsmile:
  • serendipityrr
    serendipityrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    'Pure protein' is the brand I use - 180 calories, and 21 grams of protein....best ones I have seen!
    And they taste good too!
  • suzukigurl
    suzukigurl Posts: 90
    Options
    thank you I think that's the one I'm going to try!!
  • melpru
    melpru Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My favorite protein bar is Zone Perfect chocolate chip cookie dough.. They are sort of small though, but they do the trick for me when I'm craving something, or just need some protein before I exercise.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options

THIS!!! I also found some new flavors like Strawberry Shortcake, Marshmallow Peanut Butter and Caramel Peanut Butter. Like you said these are the best I could find as well.
  • Mightytaco84
    Mightytaco84 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I like the Snickers brand, but they do have quite a bit of sugar.
  • ronchap
    ronchap Posts: 60
    Options
    I got these from the recipe section and I like them the best

Protein Powder ~ 400 grams (14oz.)
    Rolled Oats ~ 200 grams (7oz.)
    100% Peanut Butter ~ 100 grams (3oz.)
    Honey ~ 90 grams (3oz.)
    Cocoa Powder ~ 30 grams (1 oz.)
    1 Cup Non Fat Milk
    Flax Seed

Notes: I use dark chocolate cocoa powder. I was able to make 10 bars. Btw I got this recipe from scoobysworkshop.com. You can go on there to watch the video. These bars taste awsome!

Mix protein powder, rolled oats, cocoa powder, pb and honey together. Add milk, shape into a "twinkie shape" bout 3.5" long.
    Use flax seed as coating. Lay a sheet of wax paper down, layer with flax seed and roll bars on it to completly cover them.
    Chill for 30 to 60 minutes. Last up to 7 days refrigerated and lasts for months in the freezer.

260 calories
    15 calories from fat
    35 grams of protein
    21 grams of carbs
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I dont hate Think Thin bars. 20g of protein and no sugar. I eat it if on the go or something. A bit higher cals than some.