Meal replacement shakes

Options
jsaba91
jsaba91 Posts: 1 Member
Which meal replacement shake in your opinion is the best? I've been wanting to try herbalife but wasn't sure about. I was also interests in the lean shakes from gnc. Thanks!

Replies

• jemzyw01
    jemzyw01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    slim fast and juice plus dont fill you up . they do work but your starving yourself so it will . herbal life is way more expensive but fills you
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I like/tolerate the taste of slim fast, but I have only ever had it as an emergency breakfast for when I woke up late. Also a few times when I've been too ill to cook (live alone and no takeaways will deliver to my house). *never* as a weight loss method.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    none..

eat real food..

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    For me, none. I' rather eat my food than drink it.
  • mynameisoliverqueen
    mynameisoliverqueen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    none..

eat real food..

This!!!! The only pounds you will lose through Herbashite and similar are the ones in your bank/wallet/purse.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Am also in for preferring real food.
  • karenvarnado73
    karenvarnado73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Be young and isagenix shakes, they are both organic and have whey protein. I do eat real food but both of these shakes keep me full so I'm not starving by 10 am.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I vote for food too!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Premier Shakes from Costco. 30 grams of protein, low sugar... I agree with others in that I prefer "real" food. But once in a while these are handy to have on hand. $24. For 18 shakes.
  • kmarc33
    kmarc33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I make my own 3-4 times a week for breakfast. This morning, after my run, I made a shake with coconut water, soy protein, flax seed, fiber, fresh banana and mango and frozen pineapple. ~500 calories and wasn't hungry until lunch. And coconut water is like natural gatorade, replenishes after a workout. It's about 20oz, so it's pretty big. <shrug> I consider that real food. ;-)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I use Be young and isagenix shakes, they are both organic and have whey protein. I do eat real food but both of these shakes keep me full so I'm not starving by 10 am.

i eat real food and am not starving by 10am….
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Food, food, food, food, fooooood!
  • toyota
    toyota Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I know eating real food is best, but it is good to have meal replacement shake mix on hand. It helps me to take some with me on a trip on camping or vacationing, it keeps me from over eating on junk food when we are out. I have a meal replacement shake every morning before work, because i have no time to be cooking or eating breakfast. I do use slimfast, and atkins shakes, but my favorite is the Body by Vi, and i am trying something new called the ideal shape shake mix, i just ordered that, not tried it yet. But it is like the body by vi. I also add Protein Whey powder to my shakes, just adds more protein & makes it even more filling and satisfying.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I make my own smoothies for breakfast and they keep me full until lunch. I use 2 cups of baby kale/ spinach mix, whey protein powder (unflavored), fruit (fresh or frozen) and either almond milk or water or coffee.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    none..

eat real food..

This.

I've yet to find a shake that fills me up enough to replace a meal (or I have to put so much stuff in it it ends up way too many calories).
  • FreeRangeRoss
    FreeRangeRoss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One of the problems with meal replacement shakes (and liquid calories in general), is that your body doesn't recognize the intake of nutrient dense food, nor any 'food' like substance - and therefore doesn't produce Leptin (hormone that tells your body you are full)- which fails satiate appetite leading many to over consume for the day.
  • PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I guess it's psychological because when I drink meal replacement shakes, my mind tells my body that I haven't eaten. I have to have real food. That's why I have slim fast powder and lean shakes in my cupboard slightly used...If I'm running late, I keep greek yogurt on hand for a quick meal.
  • buggzero
    buggzero Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of Muscle Milk, It's essentially cheap at WalMart or online, it helps keep me feeling full between meals, or just as a breakfast replacement in a pinch. Doesn't taste half bad either.
  • ukgirl26
    ukgirl26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use My Protein Impact Diet Whey.....they are great and really filling :)
  • Critcrittle
    Critcrittle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    While food is obviously a good option - If you are going to replace a meal with a shake, I would go with IdealShape Meal Replacement Shakes. I actually drink these for breakfast (I'm not a fan of eating when I wake up but I know it's essential!). They actually taste good. You just mix them with water and it fills you up. I asked a nutritionist I work with about these shakes and she said they are actualy great! (: Best of luck!!