Newbie here. Anyone else lookin' to lose 100lbs+?

Options
Hi, my name's Meg and I'm looking to lose a whopping 175-ish lbs. Can you say daunting?

So far I've only made changes to my diet (i.e., eliminating soda/sweets, eating slightly smaller portions, etc) in an attempt to "ease myself in," but I'm not satisfied with that. So this is me saying "full speed ahead!" It won't be easy as I'm not in control of the grocery at my place (that particular expense is covered by my housemate/sister), so this is where the MFP calorie-tracker will come in.

In addition to that, I'm also going to have to get used to going outside. I am a major recluse (social anxiety + mild agoraphobia) so this is particularly difficult for me, but I think if I schedule it just right I can get at least an hour or two of daily walking into my routine. I also need to come up with a good workout I can do from home.

Whoops, I ended up rambling. Sorry!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting like-minded individuals with similar weight-loss goals so we can encourage and support one another.

Good luck, everyone. Let's do this!

Replies

• rubyosburn
    rubyosburn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi SunshinQueen, welcome to MFP. I also want to take off a 100+ pounds and am back here with my friends. You may add me as a friend, we can do this together! :)
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I don't have 100lbs to lose but I am here to support so add me as a friend.
  • sally134
    sally134 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm looking to lose 114llbs, would love some support too. Lets help each other along!
  • val12345678
    val12345678 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i really need support too. I have 100 pounds to lose but do not want to work that hard the rest of my life. I will be happy if I lose 50. I was never made to be at "ideal" weight
  • amandasaye235
    amandasaye235 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My plan is to lost 100+! Love the support I'm seeing and ready to give it too!
  • MrsHossYo
    MrsHossYo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I need to lose close to 200 lbs if I want to be at 150. I've been on and off this site trying to lose weight and it never sticks.. It feels hopeless. In the last few months I've really started putting on the weight, and it's to the point now where doing everyday tasks are becoming too much! I use to be such a happy, outgoing person with lots of energy.. And now I just feel exhausted walking around my house. I'm disgusted with myself.. And yet.. I'm still obsessed with food. Thinking about it.. Craving it.. I can't stop. I'm trying so hard and I've recently given up pop.. That's been a month ish and while I feel slightly better, i still hate where I am. My problem is not binging on food.. I am addicted to eating. I'd love to talk or help in any way I can.. And I could also use some motivation! Thanks.
  • olivares10
    olivares10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to loose 200 pounds. I started at 390 in January and I'm down 43 pounds so to be able to be under 250 would be awesome but my long term goal would be able to reach 150-175.
  • nurse4u6902
    nurse4u6902 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sally134 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking to lose 114llbs, would love some support too. Lets help each other along!
    Hi Sally! I just signed up on here and i am too wanting to lose a total of atleast 120lbs. I am planning on getting the bypass surgery hopefully sometime this year. I know its a forever thing but I'm way up in weight. 282 right now. But i have to lose on my own first before i have the surgery. Add me if u want and anyone can too.
  • tdillabo
    tdillabo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    175lbs for me....lost 9 so far ...add me if you want another friend to help motivate :)
  • rubyalex17
    rubyalex17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same, I want to loose quite a lot and I need some help doing it!
  • chris42376
    chris42376 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Meg! I have 125+ to lose so fee free to add me as a friend :) We can all do this!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    its doable. I too was a recluse, so i just put on headphones and walked. I also danced in my living room to dance central. then found other videos, 30ds. then started running at a big 200. a year later I had lost 100 pounds. weigh everything, read everything, log everything. be prepared to have bad days, make a decision to work through the bad ones so you can have good ones. Don't look at the big picture, try and make small, healthy choices over time they start to add up.
  • michellerodrick
    michellerodrick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I too have around 175 lbs. to lose.... feel free to add me as a friend, I'm here for support as well!!
  • healthymom131
    healthymom131 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Sunshine. I need to lose 100+ pounds too. I would love to get support and give it. We're all on this journey together, right?
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the first move! I have a lot to lose, too, and it can definitely be daunting but only if you let it. Make small goals and reward yourself when you get to them. Some people do every 10 lbs, which works pretty nicely. I started at 289 and am approaching 250, which is my first goal and I am so excited to get there! Even though you're not at your end goal, those milestones count and keep you motivated. Motivation is the key. I used to have a Fibit Flex and swapped to a Garmin Vivofit 2 and they are so, so motivating to keep you moving. Accountability ties in to motivation, as well. If you have challenges you can join or others you can compete with, maybe do a weight loss competition where you pay each week to weigh in and the person who loses the biggest percentage wins. I recently set up monthly appointments with my doctor to help keep me motivated. And remember that every day counts. Think that consciously before you make a bad food decision. And remember that you can still eat what you want! Just think of your calories as your bank account and don't overdraw :smiley: Another approach is to use the weekly nutrition section of the app and you can "bank calories" by being under your goal for a week so you can "afford" a special meal or cheat day. If you go over one day, go under another but I try to go under first. That way, I can't go back on my plan! Since I have a lot of weight to lose, too, and have been on here a bit, I just wanted to pass along a few things I wish someone had told me. You can do this!
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hello Meg. I've sent you a friend request. I have about another 100 lbs to lose, lost 46 so far :)
  • princess_aliza2000
    princess_aliza2000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im here to support u
  • apippin12686
    apippin12686 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I want/need to lose 100lbs as well!
  • TheSunshineQueen
    TheSunshineQueen Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks so much, everyone!
  • watercolourdragon
    watercolourdragon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking to loose about 100 pounds! :^)