I want abs :,(

Replies

• anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • WeightLossTrek
    Options
    Abs don't start showing until you get down to a very low body fat %. It doesn't matter how much you work them out, they won't show until the weight is gone.
  • lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    Options
    i know, i don't do a lot of "stomach work" because i heard its kinda useless if you got some blubber haha and that it may even make it bigger!
  • callielizabethrocks
    callielizabethrocks Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Get a ton of cardio in. Running is great because you burn the calories and work your core by keeping stable. I really don't enjoy running so I try to focus on my core durring any cardio. It reall makes a difference.

Good luck!
  • lisabel87
    Options
    Get a ton of cardio in. Running is great because you burn the calories and work your core by keeping stable. I really don't enjoy running so I try to focus on my core durring any cardio. It reall makes a difference.

Good luck!

how do you focus on your core during cardio?
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I want abs :,(

My thoughts exactly!
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    It is true about the low body fat percentage. Also, nutrition ahs to be very good.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I'm SO with you on that one! I can't bring myself to run, so I'm doing tons of walking with the dog. I know there are muscles in there somewhere...hopefully, we find them soon :)
  • corinnak
    corinnak Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've got six-pack abs. I can feel them, but I can't see them. I've got a nice jiggly layer over them (I was big during pregnancy and even at goal weight, the tummy is lingering). But the core strength benefits are great even if you can't see the definition very well. Better balance, less back trouble, more endurance and strength for things like running, swimming, yoga - I sometimes say it's like putting a V-8 in a Minivan. :-)
  • lisabel87
    Options
    I'm SO with you on that one! I can't bring myself to run, so I'm doing tons of walking with the dog. I know there are muscles in there somewhere...hopefully, we find them soon :)

I've started jogging a lot on the treadmill. I suck at running. try 4.6-4.8mph for 15min :)
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Strength training, cardio (including some intervals) and eating clean as much as possible :)
  • naturallykat
    naturallykat Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've got six-pack abs. I can feel them, but I can't see them. I've got a nice jiggly layer over them (I was big during pregnancy and even at goal weight, the tummy is lingering). But the core strength benefits are great even if you can't see the definition very well. Better balance, less back trouble, more endurance and strength for things like running, swimming, yoga - I sometimes say it's like putting a V-8 in a Minivan. :-)

Me too, they show when I tense them, just int he process of getting rid of the layer of fat that disguises them!

I found pilates and anything which focuses on core strength to be really beneficial for my core muscles. anything which either engages your core muscles (not just your abs :wink: ) or makes you work hard to balance will help to define them.

Why put off working them until you are slim? Working them now will help you to work your other muscles correctly and prevent injury, which is even more important when overweight. It'll help your posture, your ability to get oxygen circulating and your lymph system to drain well, and you'll have something to look for as you slim down :wink:
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    whats the obsession with abs?