4 Healthy tricks that Melt belly fat!!

Options
You know that slimming down is good for you, but did you know you don't have to reach your ideal weight to enjoy a huge health benefit? Research shows simply whittling your waist to 34 inches or less is enough to cut your risk of heart disease 72%, and your risk of cancer, stroke, diabetes and dementia 50%. "While other fat stores just sit there taking up space, belly fat produces tissue-damaging inflammation," explains Arthur Agatston, M.D., associate professor of medicine at the University of Miami School of Medicine. Not to worry! Scientists have come up with the tweaks that burn that fat the fastest!

Lift light hand weights fro 30 minutes twice weekly, and University of Pennsylvania research shows you'll ramp up production of thyroid hormones and human growth hormone, which can help you shed 36 pounds of fat----much of it from your middle in one year.

Shrink ab flab 76% with green tea. Sipping four cups of green tea daily facilitates effortless weight loss that can shrink abdominal fat stores 76% in four months, reveals the journal In Vivo. Studies show that green tea not only revs metabolism, its compounds block absorption of sugar and cut production of the fat-storing stress hormone cortisol in half.

Reverse gain with oatmeal. Eat five servings of whole grains- like oatmeal, brown rice and popcorn- and you'll shed twice as much belly fat as you would if you at refined carbs! "The fiber in whole grains dampens production of insulin, a hormone that fuels the growth of belly fat", explains David Katz, M.D., director of Yale's Prevention Research Center.

Supercharge your slimdown with blueberries. Eat one cup of these intensely colored berries daily-fresh or frozen-and your waist could be inches small in a s little as two weeks. Turns out, the pigments responsible for the berries color also reduce fat storing and activate genes that regulate belly-fat burn.

Story by Brenda Kearns: found in Woman's World.

Replies

• Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Those don't seem like tricks to me.
  • mikesovoygirl
    Options
    Just sharing some information. :smile:
  • imsoserious
    Options
    Thank you for tips, much appreciated!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Niiiice, I'll have to eat more oatmeal and blueberries. Thanks for sharing!
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 18lbs in three months....granted, I was doing Power90 every morning but reading your article, I found it interesting that for three months I did (and still do) three of the four things in that list. I life weights three times a week and every single morning I eat oatmeal and make a fruit smoothie that includes a half cup of blueberries.

In three months I lost six inches off my waist. I haven't done any weigh ins or measurements lately - am almost done month four of clean eating and exercising but from the way my clothes fit, I have no doubt lost more inches than that by now! I only do measurements and weigh myself once or twice a month.

I am not a tea drinker so that won't be an option for me to add in green tea.

So yeah, interesting. I believe it!
  • bgilbert39
    bgilbert39 Posts: 2
    Options
    Does it have to be hot tea or can you drink the lipton diet green tea?
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yay I just bought blueberries! I don't really liked them much but made myself buy them anyway. This info will make it easier for me to want to eat them now.
  • mikesovoygirl
    Options
    @bgilbert39- The article did not say, but I assume that it doesn't matter.

@joannbuist23: I don't like blueberries either, but if you're willing to try............then I will. I'm going to pick some up tomorrow.

@sharesb: Well I just started my weight loss journey last week, but after reading this article and reading your post, I'm going to try all 4. Thanks

@Everyone else, I glad that you found the information helpful or interesting. Just like anything, you can research the web for more information.
  • BobertC
    BobertC Posts: 123
    Options
    that's awesome, thanks for the tips
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    So green tea, blueberries and oatmeal for me Thanks for sharing!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing
  • browneyes1022
    Options
    Thanks for the info...what was the site you found this on???
  • sexyclg615
    sexyclg615 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for the Blueberries,Oatmeal,and Green tea tips Do you think it will be ok if I add splenda to the Green tea !!! Tell me what ya'll think
  • mikesovoygirl
    Options
    @browneyes1022: Got it out of a magazine called Women's world. The mag is not expensive and they have all kinds of interesting stuff in them,.
  • mikesovoygirl
    Options
    @sexyclg615: There are no calories in the tea, so I would say that it's ok. And besides I"m going to use Spenda myself.
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've been doing all these except for the blueberries and have lost a lot of belly fat! I think I'm addicted to green tea..lol
  • mikesovoygirl
    Options
    @jataijah: I love green tea too, but don't drink it that often, but looks like I'm going to start!!
  • mamato3babes
    mamato3babes Posts: 125
    Options
    thanks... I may just have to try some of these :)
  • mishell4
    mishell4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I am going to have to try some of these.
  • txbabes1
    txbabes1 Posts: 31
    Options
    thanks for the tips!!