MyFitnessPal + Fitbit + MapMyRide

Options
PopeyeCT
PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
Hi all.
Does anyone know if these three things can all work together? I just got the fitbit the other day. Sadly, it doesn't send the heart rate info to MapMyRide, which was the entire reason I bought it. I wanted the audio feedback to stay in the right zone.

Anyway, after trying it out it seems like the numbers are just crazy high. I think that the "Fitbit calorie adjustment" is including the calories from the cycling which are already being counted by MFP as a separate item.

rdymwfp9dvzo.jpg

Replies

• PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    After some testing, it seems that Fitbit only picks up exercise that is manually entered in MFP. So when MapMyRide is tracking it and sends the workout to MFP, Fitbit doesn't see it and still credits you for that period as part of your activity.

When a workout is manually entered into MFP, Fitbit takes the calories away from the Fitbit calorie adjustment so it doesn't get double credit.

So it seems that MapMyRide (And I'm assuming the others in the MapMyFitness group) should not be linked to MyFitnesspal at the same time as a Fitbit.
  • MommyMichelle1234
    MommyMichelle1234 Posts: 25 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Link mfp with fitbit.
    Link mfp with map my.

Mfp will figure all accordingly. Fitbit reduces its calories burned for the time frame of workout in map my (all in mfp). Fitbit and map my do not communicate.
  • MommyMichelle1234
    MommyMichelle1234 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mfp and map my can communicate, but if you have all three linked together, calories burned will erroniously double