How to combat inertia?

Options
So, I'm curious if anyone else has this mental block: I love being active, but hate transitioning from sedentary behavior (playing video games, sleeping, watching movies) into active things I love (biking, sports, even weight lifting).

I rationally understand that just getting up and doing it will make me fitter and happier, but I just love the status quo so much I often stick with that.

Anyone else have a similar problem? Any chance you've overcome it? Our if not, just knowing I'm not alone helps. :)

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I just got on with it and keep up the momentum. Im commited so i want progress, understand where exercise fits in and dont hide from it. You dont wnat it enough. Focus on small targets and maube you cna find something you enjoy.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I just think how bad it is for my health to sit like a slug all day.
    It's also become such a strong habit that I just don't feel good about myself if I don't workout or at least go for a long walk.
  • Letsgo158
    Letsgo158 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a creature of habit and so I decided in advance what I would do each day of the week - classes, walks etc - and then I just started doing it every week until I didn't think about it anymore I just did it. It's been 2 years now and I am actually resentful when something gets in the way of my regular activity. The challenge for me now is to mix it up - try a different class, follow a different route etc.