How long before you lost your 1st pound?

Options
Everybody is different, I know. And everybody is more or less committed. :)

But on average, how many days or weeks before you lost your first pound?

Replies

• hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    since i only weigh myself once a month i started my lifestyle change on he first weiged in on the 15th and lost two pounds i wont step on the scale again until the end of the month.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I weigh my self every morning. I lost my first pound the first day I started using myfitnesspal. Stuck to my calories that day and the next I was a pound lighter. My second pound the second day. Nothing my third day, then gained one of those pounds back the fourth! I've been steadily losing about 2 lbs per week most weeks ever since. :glasses:
  • dhammond5
    dhammond5 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I didn't hit the scale untill I saw a difference in the way my clothes fit. I had lost about 11 pounds by then it had been a month since I started. The way I look at it, it's more about the way you feel, then what is on the scale.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    My first pound was lost in less than a day. Week 1 I lost 12 lbs, so I am guessing around 14 or 15 hours.
  • jkandjk
    jkandjk Posts: 4
    Options
    That is great! I just started 2 days ago and there is no changes:(
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My first pound (actually my first two pounds, hehe) came off two weeks after I joined mfp and one month and a half after I started exercising regularly =)
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Sometime after the first week. The struggle for me was with very bad food choices - high in sodium, mostly, and snacks that were the equivalent of meals.

So it took me over a week to get the first pound, but I realized I had to do it or I was going to keep gaining 20-30 pounds a year.

Then it slowly started to come off, and I've been losing about 10 pounds a month. It's been about 2.5 months since I started, and I'm at 25 pounds lost.

10 pounds a month is a lot, but I have a lot to lose. I expect that as I get closer to my target weight/health that the rate will slow because a pound will be more of my body mass.

I'm doing it to get healthier & while I realize that losing weight & getting to my goal is great and *part* of the goal, the real goal is learning how to take care of myself through the choices I make. Weight loss and fitness are the gravy.
  • Artologik
    Artologik Posts: 6
    Options
    After dealing with "scale issues", I can now confirm that I have lost at least 5 pounds in approx 3 weeks of using MFP.

A trip to the doctor's office on Friday confirmed 5+ pounds lost on her scale, and she was very happy as I was.

Using an old rotary-type scale that was always showing the same number week after week was discouraging, but after spending a few $$$ on a good scale (glass+LED with BMI etc), showing 1/10ths, it became more evident MFP was working ! :smile: