Let's share your microwave brownie recipes

Options
mmatusevici1
mmatusevici1 Posts: 11 Member
I have seen many of you comment about homemade microwave brownies. Let's see the recipes!

Replies

• TickingPwny
    TickingPwny Posts: 32 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ooh! Ooh! So glad I found this!

I have a term paper due tomorrow night and plan on treating myself to a mug brownie to celebrate (even though I've been pretty bad lately :c but oh, well--this paper was a b-). Might try some new ones if other people post. :o

This one's really flexible (AND egg-free!). c: I like to use different extracts depending on the mood I'm in when I want one. (Coffee extract makes for a good pick-me-up during tiring study sessions!) This is the original recipe, but I usually halve it because the full-sized ones are pretty big.

Also, it cooks well even with mix-ins! I recommend either dark-chocolate chips/melting wafers (nummy pockets of goo) or a single mini Reese's cup, pushed into the middle and covered with batter (nummy VOLCANO of nutty goo).

As you can probably tell, I've had...a few...of these....Don't judge.

--- --- ---

2 tbsp butter or margarine
    2 tbsp water
    1/4 tsp vanilla extract (or whichever one you fancy)
    dash salt (optional--I leave it out)
    4 tbsp sugar
    2 tbsp cocoa powder
    4 tbsp flour (I use whole-wheat flour)
    1 tsp-1 tbsp desired mix-ins (if you're feeling dangerous)

Melt butter/margarine in microwave. Add water and desired extract. Stir.

Add salt (if desired). Mix.

Add sugar and cocoa. Mix.

Add flour.* Mix. Final product should be loose like normal brownie batter.

Add mix-ins (if desired). Mix or leave on top.

Microwave for 50 to 60 seconds on full power. Adjust depending on the strength of your microwave and your preferred degree of done-ness. (55 seconds on my microwave gets me a brownie that's halfway between fudgy and cakey...but maybe that's because I usually add chocolate chips to the mix.)

* ALWAYS add the flour last! I once got lazy and added the dry ingredients in a different order. It turned into a doughy mess once stirred. But hey, it's egg-free, so if you think it looks appealing, you can eat it right then and there without the minute in the microwave.