Lap band

Options
who all in here has got the lapband? Want to hear your success stories.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Few and far between, and not higly regarded in the forum...
  • Nezz123
    Nezz123 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yah, my mum was considering it but decided not to. Like her surgeon said....it's possible to "outeat" any surgery. And any surgery is pretty unpleasant. The good news is she lost 160 lbs without it! And without exercising. She was in her 60s and could barely walk due to an autoimmune disease, but she lost that much weight through diet change alone. It can be done!
  • elle_321
    elle_321 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I know 2 people that have had it. Both of them lost huge amounts of weight, but then they both ended up having to have it removed as it slipped or something went wrong with the band. One of them has gained all her weight back and some as she still had bad eating habits. The other one put half the weight back on but then joined the gym and started eating healthy and is now back on track to losing .again
  • jessicab526419
    jessicab526419 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was "banded" in August of 2008. WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE!! If I had it do all over again I would have never had the surgery. I chose to have the surgery for all the wrong reasons. I started at 292 lbs, got down to 221 lbs. Then slowly crept back up to around 245 lbs by last April. I was so sick of the constant "fighting" with my band that I had all of the saline removed at that time. By March of this year I was up to 271 lbs!! I finally said enough is enough! I joined the gym, started tracking my meals lingering aroun 1500 cals per day. I have lost 12 lbs in 5 weeks and plan to keep heading in that direction!
    I remember how I felt when I made the decision to go forward with the surgery and I know no one could've changed my mind. But with that being said, all I can say is that I regret it. At the end of the day there is NO quick fix. A healthy diet and moderate exercise is the most successful and HEALTHY route you could choose!
  • cinder_cat
    cinder_cat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm banded. Had the surgery feb 3 this year. Down 36 lbs hoping to lose another 60. So far so good , have had 2 fills go back in 3 weeks for another. So far they've been painless and I am still able to eat and drink everything. It might not be popular but so far it's helping and I'm feeling great. Less pain, more energy... You still have to make better choices it is possible to gain with it . I'm trying to keep my calories to between 1100 and 1200 and this "tool" seems to be helping. I wouldn't call it a quick fix by any means and if it gets more difficult with each fill I'll let you know.