Apple Watch

Options
Itisibigj39
Itisibigj39 Posts: 200 Member
Anyone got an Apple Watch?...what do you think of it?

Replies

• Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Nope.... Over priced toy with a tiny screen. Most tech writers are saying.... No big deal.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a big screen phone. No-one needs even tinier icons/print to look at. That's why phones started to get bigger and bigger after many years of trying to get tinier. In this case bigger IS better ;) . The Apple Watch is a useless piece of garbage that will add more techlitter to our planet very shortly.
  • IIG700
    IIG700 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Biggest (or smallest) waste of money for a long time... You have to be a huge Apple fanboy to part with hard earned cash for one!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I went and got fitted for one at my local Apple Store. However, I didn't order it after I found out that my iPhone still has to be with me in order to track my mileage. Don't really see the point in that when a basic Fitbit tracker will do that too without my iPhone for at least $250 less. I might get the second generation of the Apple watch if it meets my needs, though.
  • mmajamis
    mmajamis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've never had a fitness tracker before because I knew the watch was coming for two years. Got mine on 4/24 and I'm loving it! It's tracking all my workout data and I love the motivation of filling in my move, exercise and stand rings.

Pics or it didn't happen?

9dqxe8b89jwt.jpg
  • mmajamis
    edited May 2015
    Options
    No one else here obviously has one yet, because calling it a piece of garbage automatically disqualifies your opinion.

As an actual owner of one, I'll say this, it's not for everyone the way an iPhone is. There really is a steep learning curve. I spent 5 hours on day one messing around with all the menus and options and notifications to get it where I thought I wanted it and it's now an essential tool I wear daily. I would not recommend for my parents.

I love the remote app for my AppleTVs and the remote camera feature as demonstrated in the above selfie. I love the notifications and the glances for quick bits of info.
  • aficzeri
    aficzeri Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Pre ordered April 10th still waiting
  • Itisibigj39
    Itisibigj39 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have also got one and I love it, obviously it's not for everyone but if ye have spare cash the. Go for it
  • mmajamis
    Options
    FYI, here some snapshots of MFP working in tandem from the Apple Watch:

phb9318vajic.jpg
    3nksz4avb0w0.jpg

• mmajamis
    Options
    The first pic is off my iPhone screen, the second is off my Apple Watch MFP app. The app on the watch just gives you three snapshots, calories, nutrients and steps.

The activity app on the AW shows your move goal as the red outer ring and it's in calories so it'll be cool to compare the calorie ring vs the steps ring on the MFP app.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's the latest rage. Everyone will have to have one. I need a watch to tell time. Had the same watch for 30 years. When it wear out, I'll get another one just like it. If it wears out.

• mmajamis
    Options
    Under the Health App sources, you have to select MFP to write data and read data. I've got it set to allow MFP to write all my nutrient data into the Health App based off my dietary inputs in MFP and in the bottom section, I'm allowing MFP to read "Steps", "weight", and "workouts".

kaq1ptur5xfy.jpg
    rbv36h2ttxa0.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    If you have wrist tattoos, they can interfere with the readers in the watch. So inaccuracy of HR and calories burned could be off.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • lhanson0851
    lhanson0851 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I bought the Apple watch and I would buy it again. I was going to get the Fitbit but decided to wait for the watch to come out. I seriously like the haptic feedback. The tap on my wrist is helpful when phone is out of sight and volume off during the workday. The different vibrations let me know if I have an appointment or a text message. I find the fitness rings motivating. Could I have done it with something cheaper. Sure. Siri seems to take naps sometimes when I need her. I have answered the phone on my watch when I could not get to my car quick enough. Battery lasts from 5am to 10pm. I like that it records my steps even if my phone is not with me.