What's your fav low fat dessert/recipe?

Options
So I have the biggest sweet tooth! I don't eat a lot, but I just can't resist sweet stuff. My meals would literally consist of candy bars, ice cream, and cookies- hence the weight gain.
Now I'm looking for low fat, low cal deserts I can have to stay on track and keep keep my sanity.

Replies

• flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Try Atkins. Low carbs, low sugar. You wouldn't know it by the taste! Yummmmmm! However, the product line uses sugar alcohols, kind of like Sorbitol acts on the body. Limit your self to 2 items a day or you will quite literally spend a lot of your day on the toilet. That's how I beat my chocomonster...
  • babyphat1130
    babyphat1130 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Haha. I guess that is what it will take for me too. Thanks! Any particular ones that are really good?
  • geimerst
    geimerst Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ek0109_mouse4.jpg.rend.sni12col.landscape.jpeg

Ellie Krieger's Dark Chocolate Mousse
    (although I make it with much less sugar - a tbsp or two - I like the taste of dark chocolate)
  • babyphat1130
    babyphat1130 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looks really good!
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My wife and I enjoy Skinny Cow products. Costco carries the SC ice cream sandwich. 20 for $10. 150 calories - 30/2/4 Carb/Fat/Protein grams
  • gdb86
    gdb86 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This may not seem like a desert but it's fulfilling my sweetness needs lately... Cut a banana into one inch rounds, top with organic almond butter, drizzle with honey and sprinkle apple pie spice on top! It's easy, clean food and delicious!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    gdb86 wrote: »
    This may not seem like a desert but it's fulfilling my sweetness needs lately... Cut a banana into one inch rounds, top with organic almond butter, drizzle with honey and sprinkle apple pie spice on top! It's easy, clean food and delicious!

That's not exactly low cal, though...more kcal than a dish of ice cream!
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Strawberries with a drizzle of chocolate syrup on top.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Frozen banana, chocolate protein powder pulse til creamy with a little almond milk....reminds me of soft serve ice cream....don't over pulse or you'll have chocolate soup...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Frozen banana, chocolate protein powder pulse til creamy with a little almond milk....reminds me of soft serve ice cream....don't over pulse or you'll have chocolate soup...

That's as much as a serving or two of ice cream.

Why not just eat the ice cream?

OP- why the focus on low fat?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    So I have the biggest sweet tooth! I don't eat a lot, but I just can't resist sweet stuff. My meals would literally consist of candy bars, ice cream, and cookies- hence the weight gain.
    Now I'm looking for low fat, low cal deserts I can have to stay on track and keep keep my sanity.

My thought is rather than worry about replacing the sweets, focus on eating good stuff for most of your meals and then eat smaller servings of regular desserts. It sounds like your issue was making dessert stuff too high a percentage of your overall diet, so trying to find less satisfying options (which low fat desserts usually are) that you can eat in larger quantities may not be helpful.

Half a cup of ice cream is around 200 calories, depending on the brand. You can get individual serving size squares of high quality chocolate for about 50 calories.

That said, the Bob's Red Mill brownie mix has been recommended to me and is not high calorie (I haven't tried it yet). Some of the low sugar or coconut milk based ice creams are good (I like the So Delicious Chocolate) as are some frozen yogurts for slightly fewer calories than regular ice cream/gelato.

Try eating just fruit or perhaps fruit with a bit of whipped cream (or I recommend dipping it in plain Fage greek yogurt). Mango in particular (though not low cal) might as well be a dessert, and I don't think much is better than a really good peach or plum.

The banana thing gets slammed here, but a simple frozen banana or berries (or both) can be whipped up for a shake-like creation--once you start adding extras it is as many calories as a bowl of ice cream, though. I have also made a pudding with a banana and low fat coconut milk plus tapioca and it was pleasant and a nice change. Some people love frozen grapes but I don't like grapes.

My dad loves those jello pudding things that I think someone else already recommended.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Fat free, sugar free pudding
    Apples or cherries mixed with rolled oats and a little brown sugar, bake till crispy
    Low fat ice cream or frozen yogurt bars/sandwiches
    Popcicles
    Fruit with a little chocolate syrup drizzled over
    Jello
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Iogo vanilla 0% yogurt, with a half scoop of vanilla whey powder, a teaspoon of cocoa, and 1/2 teaspoon Stevia. I had it with pumpkin seeds for crunch.

Chia pudding.

Wafer cookies, all kinds.

Puffed wheat squares. You may also use puffed millet or puffed rice. Add half a scoop of whey powder if you like.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    My fave daily dessert is strawberry Greek yogurt with grapenuts mixed in. Not sure if that is low-fat enough for you or not.
  • spat095
    spat095 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    gdb86 wrote: »

That sounds amazing!
  • bonnell27
    bonnell27 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    A friend gave me a trifle recipe a long time ago that is so amazing. It is
    Low fat and low cal and will satisfy your sweet tooth. It makes a perfect summery dessert too.

I calculated with MFP that 1/12 is roughly 160 cals and 2 grams of fat (varying on brands used and such). But honestly this makes a lot so you probably wouldn't serve 1/12th of this.

Ingredients
    - angel food cake mix (I use the no frills no name brand, lowest cal one I found)
    - 1 container (500ml) light sour cream.
    - 1/4 container of light cool whip (1 cup)
    - 1 pack of instant jello no sugar added vanilla pudding
    - 1 pack of instant jello no sugar added WHITE chocolate pudding.
    - 3 kiwis
    - 1 lb strawberry
    - 1 pint raspberry

Honestly you can use whatever fruit you like best. You can even use frozen fruit if you're in a pinch and it will thaw while the dessert sets.

Instructions
    1. Bake your angel cake according to package directions.
    2. While cake is baking, prepare both boxes of instant pudding together in a bowl as directed on box. Pudding should thicken fairly quickly.
    3. Mix in the full container of sour cream and 1 cup of cool whip. Mix until smooth then allow to cool in fridge to set a bit more - at least 15 minutes.
    4. Slice your fruit into bite size pieces.
    5. Once cake is cooled begin layering. First place 1/3 of cake, ripped into small pieces in bottom of large bowl. Add enough cream to cover cake. Add 1 kind of fruit.
    6. Repeat step five.
    7. Place in fridge and leave to cool a few hours. The colder the better.

Enjoy :)

• estherlion
    estherlion Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Whip up a sugar free chocolate pudding with 2 to 3 tablespoons of fat free cool whip with a wire wisk. Add some fresh raspberries on top with a little splenda or agave. Tastes just like chocolate mousse. ;)
  • megansayssup
    megansayssup Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    throw cubed granny smith apples, 1/2 cup honey nut cheerios, and a pinch or two of cinnamon into a baking tray for 10 minutes on 350 degrees for a healthier deconstructed "apple pie"