You have to be 'in shape' to do P90x!?!

Options
RachVR6
RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
Check out this transformation!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m15fsMt9lz0&feature=player_embedded

Tell me NOW that you have to be in shape to do P90x! :wink:

It's all about modification and pushing as hard as you can!

Bring it!

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Amen sister!
    I am working through it right now ... and I was not in shape when I started... and not sure I am in shape yet now... but I modify!
  • stephstrege
    stephstrege Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I was just thinking I did NOT want to work out tonight. Um yeah, that changed!! Thank you for posting this!!
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    absolutely amazing and inspiring! i have p90x as well and when i started i was no where near being in shape.. and well.. i'm still working on getting there. thanks for sharing! goes to show, anyone can do anything if they put their mind to it! :smile:
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    BeachBody covers their butt legally when they caution those who don't necessarily pass the initial fit test. I agree that if you believe and follow the P90X mantras, "Do Your Best and Forget the Rest", and "Keep Pushing Play" that good things happen no matter what your fitness level is when you begin.

I finish my first round this Sunday and it worked wonders for me...however, I am at least another round away from looking like some of the classic before and afters because I started out at about 29% body fat. I am hoping the six pack makes its first appearance by early September (when I finish my second round).
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm not "in shape" and I'm on round 2 of P90X.
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! Thanks for posting the link!
  • cuerpito
    cuerpito Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I started p90x being totally out of shape. The first few weeks I could maybe do 50% of the workouts. Quite frankly, the very first time I did yoga, I had to stop after 10 minutes due to SEVERE chest pain!

Now I participate fully in most workouts. I still can't do the entire Ab Ripper X and I can't do regular push-ups but other than that, I find myself improving my form more and more every day! My arms and legs have tightened up. I have yet to see the weight loss, though. Still nothing even after 5 weeks of workouts :( I'm being patient, though... telling myself that it was just a change of lifestyle that will make me healthier in the end.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Great video! Thanks for posting it.

I couldn't do 100% of most of the routines when I started p90x, now on week 6 and I can keep up with the folks on the videos about 90% of the time. Well, except for pull ups, I still struggle there... 28 lbs down so far. I will continue to hit play until I get back to shape I was when I left the Army.
  • kathywoo10
    kathywoo10 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I was just feeling like I didn't want to go work out and now I am ready yo get off my butt!
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Awesome results and a truly inspiring video. Thanks for sharing!
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    Amazing!!