NUT-FREE

Options
madelinecroteau
madelinecroteau Posts: 7 Member
Hi guys!
I've been allergic to all nuts and peanuts since I was little, so I really want to make my own protein bars, granola bars, granola and healthy foods, but it's hard to find recipes online without ANY nuts!

I'd appreciate some help here! :)

Replies

• noellabella
    noellabella Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a severe peanut allergy too. It sucks, but yes I made my own granola bars just the other day.
    Honestly you don't need much to make the basic bar, and then you can add in whatever you'd like to make it your own (I added dried fruits and seeds).

6 ounces butter
    8 ounces rolled oats (quick cooking)
    6 ounces brown sugar
    1 pinch salt

Melt butter in saucepan over very gentle heat.Mix in the sugar, oats and salt. Stir well and turn mixture into greased swiss roll tin and press lightly together.
    Smooth top surface with the back of a metal spoon and bake at 350F for 30-35 mins in centre of oven.
    When golden brown remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting into square slices.
    Cool completely before serving.

Have fun!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You can make granola with oats, fruit, coconut, seeds (sunflower or pepita, Chia, sesame etc), cacao nibs ... Pineapple and coconut is yummy, or choc banana!
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    How about rice crispies, granola, and dried fruits? Find a recipe and replace the nuts with something else. You can use cereal too.