weight loss is at a standstill in spite of trying hard - help!!!

Options
I'm trying so hard with exercise and keeping calorie intake low yet no weight lost for a few weeks, would be so easy to give up :s

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary you may get some useful advice.
  • artlover47
    artlover47 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If only a few weeks, don't worry about it yet. I often have a 2 week period with no loss, then it will go down again...sometimes even jumps down 2-3 pounds in a week after no loss on scale for 15 days.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Hey dont panic, its really straightforward. I wouldnt say easy but if you get your math correct and can be at a consistent deficit then you will lose. Dont worry about exercise, its the creaion of the deficit by moderating your food intake that needs to be tackled first. take it one day at a time, get friends and read up so you cna do all the right things.

Start with this thread.http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    joyswift3 wrote: »
    I'm trying so hard with exercise and keeping calorie intake low yet no weight lost for a few weeks, would be so easy to give up :s

Don't give up, just reevaluate. Maybe you are eating more than you realize or overestimating your calories burned through exercise.

Keep in mind that since you have a private profile and a closed diary, we know nothing about you.
  • joyswift3
    joyswift3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thanks changed my settings for a while to public.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Just checked your diary and you're not logging. If you don't log you have no idea how many calories you eat. How to you expect this to work if you're not logging? It's simple: log everything, eat a deficit = weight loss. That being said weight loss is not linear but if you're not logging I expect the lack of progress is due to not having a deficit rather than anything else. Get back to basics.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yep you arent logging, you arent weighing, so you arent even calorie counting. Why? You have no idea whether you are at deficit or not. How can you possibly know how many calories you are consuming? The results of this are why you are posting. Read the thread and start to calorie count properly if you are interested in losing weight.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Yep you arent logging, you arent weighing, so you arent even calorie counting. Why? You have no idea whether you are at deficit or not. How can you possibly know how many calories you are consuming? The results of this are why you are posting. Read the thread and start to calorie count properly if you are interested in losing weight.

^^^^^ This