Yelloooo from Texas!

Options
La_Amazona
La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
Hello, I'm 32 yrs old and ready to get started!

I've struggled with my weight all of my life. After I got married I got really big (my hub also gained weight) and finally in 2007 I decided to go back to pre-married weight. I didn't get there all the way but maintained. I then gained it back because of stuff going on.
I moved to Austin last year and everybody here is in shape! It's awesome. I joined a soccer team and just became active. I lost the weight again and more. I now weigh what I weighed on my wedding date BUT I still have more to go. I'm 5'9 and about 225. I carry my weight well and want to get to 175lb. That's the goal right now.

I stopped working out about 2 months ago because school at night and working full time kept me busy and tired! But I'm back and ready to get on it again.

Hope to meet some folks going through the same journey as me. :)

Replies

• lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    hi austin, san antonio here......good luck on your journey, and can you get us some rain...........Lloyd
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Helloww Texans :) Im from San antonio ...add me if yall like :)
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Hello from a fellow Austinite. :) This is a great place, very supportive. I think you'll find it helpful and enjoyable.
  • oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    This is a great site, the motivation and support you receive is incredible. You will meet some very helpful people to help you along your journey. I wish you the best of luck on reaching your goals. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Houstonian here, although not native. I may be in Austin in November for a Warrior Dash race. Welcome and good luck. :smile:
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Hello there Im also in Austin :) sending an add
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Hey! Dallas (mavericks) representing...LOL! Welcome girl and stay on track and you will see results. It may be hard but things will get easier and better as time progresses. Don't give up and hang in there. Feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • singin_sunrise
    singin_sunrise Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You are so lucky to be in ATX!!! I went to UT and miss that city so much! It is rated as one of the healthiest cities in the country, making it an awesome place to stay active and find healthy food. I live in small town Nacogdoches now, and it is a lot harder to find healthy options and activities. Say hi to Zilker for me!
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Dallas here. Welcome.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Texan here too. I'm in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. I go down to Austin often because its such a great city. Maybe you can help me convince my husband to move down there? :wink:
  • nukebhs83
    nukebhs83 Posts: 158
    Options
    hey austin---buna tx here/ small town north of beaumont--if the red light doesnt catch you--you miss us. LOL welcome and good luck on your journey---add me as a friend if you like.
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Hi! From Zephyr, Tx. Ok, you've probably never heard of Zephyr. Its a small 6 man football team town about 2 hours from Austin. :happy: Feel free to add me!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I live about 30 minutes North of Dallas :happy: Hi!
  • texastae1010
    texastae1010 Posts: 165
    Options
    From Houston...Hubby is military so we are in Indiana :( which is fine just not hope...but yall can add me also :) love my big ol state...don't so much like the Lone Star Beer though :)
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Hello from Wichita Falls, feel free to add me, I use MFP daily to track food and exercise, lost 53 since Jan 11.
  • geokatjen
    geokatjen Posts: 11
    Options
    Totally know where you're coming from. I have put on 60 lbs since 2003 and I need to take it off. At my heaviest (without baby weight) I was 230 lbs. I am now at 211. I want to get down to 170 and then we'll see. Right now my goal is to be down to approx. my premarriage weight of 195 by the end of July. Definitely could use some encouragement!
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Well hello, I am also in Austin, welcome!
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Also in Austin!
  • phog007
    phog007 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Houston here. Welcome!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome!!!