diet

Options
Wondering what is good for breakfast but also I don't always have a lot of time in morning with work!suggestions please?

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I had bacon, eggs, and a banana for breakfast this morning. It was pretty good.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Well i am sure everyone will give you different options. For me its as follows;

When in a rush - I make a shake using my blender. 25g powdered oats, medium banana, 25g of flavored whey protein and 250ml of almond milk (also teaspoon of peanut butter if I am super hungry)

When I have time - I blend 1 scoop of powdered oats, 1 x whole egg, 4 x egg whites and cinnamon, then cook it like an omelet. Then i mush banana inside and spread with nuttella. You can also add protein powder. NOMNOM.
  • kittykarin
    kittykarin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Lots of great breakfast options... Greek yogurt, fruit, veggies and fruit cut up and bagged up for a quick morning smoothie, cottage cheese and turkey sausage, microwaved egg and cheese, etc. The quickest is a protein bar eaten at your desk or in the car. :-)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    my "summer weekday" breakfast is a tropical fruit smoothie with protein powder.

my "winter weekday" breakfast are mini egg muffins (eggs with veggies/cheese/ham) cooked in a muffin tin, with extra cooked ham and a piece of toast with butter.

Those two are for the quickness of them. The smoothie I put in the blender at about 7am and blend it right before I leave for work.

The winter breakfast is cooked on Sunday (except for the toast it's done at work) and I warm it up in the microwave at work.

Weekends can be a free for all...I love raspberry coconut pancakes, banana pancakes (always with bacon) or french toast, frootloops with milk and toast and bacon.
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a freshly made juice on a weekdays as its quick and weekends depends, at the moment my lo is in to pancakes so we have them.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I love overnight oats in the spring/summer.
    I vanilla Greek yogurt
    I/2 cup rolled oats (not cooked)
    a splash of sugar-free vanilla syrup
    1/4 cup frozen blueberries

Put in a jar and leave in your refrigerator overnight. Eat cold the next morning.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Recently I've been having mushrooms, egg whites, cheese on farmhouse white toast with a mug of coffee .. it takes 3 minutes using the microwave, toaster and kettle
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    My regular breakfast is one banana and a hard boiled egg.
  • JessicaThompson12
    JessicaThompson12 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I had cottage cheese and strawberries this morning. Greek yogurt yesterday morning. A couple mornings last week I had a hard boiled egg and pepperoni slices.
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Make hard boiled eggs the night before... Eat plain or cut in half on a piece of toast...
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I had instant noodles for breakfast today. You can eat anything you want that is quick to prepare. It doesn't have to be breakfast food if you're in a pinch.
  • Lisajohnston
    Lisajohnston Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I usually have oatmeal it takes no time at all. I usually put the water on to boil while I get dressed and put the oats in to cook while I pack my lunch. I use quick oats, they cook in 3 minutes usually.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This week it's been:
    steel cut oats, currants, greek yogurt, pumpkin seeds
    regular oats, powdered milk, currants, regular yogurt
    corn flakes, milk, toast with peanut butter
    egg muffin, pumpernickel, cream cheese
  • jeffrey_lamont
    jeffrey_lamont Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone a lot of options put there. I'm currently trying a shake right now, wondering for days where I'm not in a rush what is a healthy cereal???
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    what is a healthy cereal???

an oxymoron ? LOL.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I make a large frittata every Sunday and portion it out for the week, that way I can just grab a slice and nuke it. I like to fill mine with lots of vegetables. Kale, tomatoes & mushrooms are my favorite.