Hi everyone.

Options
Im new to this app, although not new to losing weight. I was wondering if any one else has problems meeting the calorie amount given on here after exercising? I am having a hard time eating that much sometimes.

Replies

• andreav1705
    andreav1705 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle...Since I am trying to lose a lot of weight, I don't consume all the extra calories "earned"by exercising. I don't think you have to eat all the calories you consume with exercise. Just eat until you feel good...I have to say I'm not a dietitian, just my personal experience. Hope this helps!
  • dhp04
    dhp04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yes i do!! and i think i shouldn't be eating as much as it tells me... yet it doesnt give me any other option. how can i change thing?
  • MichelleGriffis29
    MichelleGriffis29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you bc I have a lot of weight to lose and I don't think the calories it says is going to get results as quick as Id like to see. I have 100 lbs to lose and I'm eating foods that are good for me so the calories don't ad up as quick as junk food does. Lol
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello Michelle!

I'm new to the community and to MFP as well. :) One thing I've learned from what I've gone through is that what is important is that when you eat, you eat until you are satiated - not until you are full. There is a difference.

Eating until you are satiated means you have quelled your hunger and that you have had enough to eat. Eating until you are full means that you are attempting to eat to your stomach's capacity...which is actually more than your stomach can handle and it causes it to stretch.

The best way to ensure that you eat until you are sated is to eat slowly. Give yourself time between chews & swallows. A good tip is to put down the fork/spoon between bites, that way you don't feel so rushed to put the next bite in to your mouth. Trust me, this works.

(I've had the Gastric Sleeve procedure done and these are some of the things that I've done, and have been told, to help me along. I started using those tips before the procedure and I could see them helping then.)

If you would like to add me as a friend, feel free to do so. :)