Friends for motivating and support

Options
Hello everyone I'm Dustin. Lately I have been feeling alone on my journey. Which I am a lot of the time. I work overnight and sleep during the day, hit the gym in the evening and make dinner and relax after that before heading back to work. I kind of keep to myself at the gym cause I'm there to work not socialize but I'm needing motivating and supporting friends so I'm turning to MFP. I am about to cross the 80 lb lost mark and though I feel good I also feel like the people around me are sick of talking about fitness and weight loss all the time which has led me to feel almost outcast for trying to better myself. The good jobs and I'm proud of you talks have mostly stopped because they been said over and over. Not saying that's what I need but I was motivating being told those things. I want to be a part of something more than myself and help others while they help me as well! So would love to be added by some awesome, positive, motivating people! Hope to talk to you all soon!

Male 30 ks 340lbs>262lbs

Replies

• jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Well done on your achievement so far, you are an inspiration to us still at the beginning of our journey. Don't know what your loss is in kilos but its high I bet. You know some people around you could be jealousy that you are fitter and looking better than them :D . Never feel like an outcast for wanting to better yourself, that is something I admire in a person. I'm in your corner if you want me to be there. Wish you success in you journey to a healthier happier you.
  • StereophoneyGaz
    StereophoneyGaz Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Well done fella you sound like you're on an amazing journey, I think people around me are sick of me talking diet and fitness too so you're not alone there ;)
  • DustinSmith84
    DustinSmith84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Means a lot!
  • samanthamarkham8
    samanthamarkham8 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi add me
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    It can be lonely! I workout in my living room while my daughter sleeps. Having great MFP friends help a lot! I log everyday and I message friends who don't show up in a while :) Feel free to add me.
  • MommaWho
    MommaWho Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for support and accountability too. Great job on the progress so far!!
  • LindaKay224
    LindaKay224 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Keep it up Dustin!! You are doing great!! Feel free to add me .. I feel the same way sometimes. People around you don't want to hear when you are bettering yourself. It's unfortunate but I think everyone here would love to hear about your journey
  • corinna_corinna
    corinna_corinna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i'm also looking for myfitnesspal accountability friends. feel free to add me :)