Need to lose my three year old daughter!!!

Options
jorinya
jorinya Posts: 933 Member
Well, not her but her weight really. She weighs a little over 16kg, I need to lose about 15kg to get to my target weight. Carrying her around for long periods of time really hurts my arms, not to mention carrying her upstairs when she falls asleep.
Hi, I'm Joanne, 35, married mum of four kids (3 boys and 1 girl). Started this journey on my own in January after standing on the scales in the doctors staring down at 95kg. What happened? I didn't watch what or when I ate, eat when I was upset, worried, hungry, not hungry, watching a movie, walking and all that other stuff. Didn't exercise, didn't care because was passing through a rough time in my life. My husband, kids and some friends would crack jokes and call me fat and it made me eat more. Moved from Ireland where there are hills to climb and nice routes to take while walking to Lagos, Nigeria, where it is flat, hot and hard for me to go outside to walk cos of the blistering heat, that and other reasons.
That day at the doctors was a wake up call. I tried losing weight on my own and lost 4kg between January and March. Started here with MFP and my consultant at home and lost 10kg between March and now. I'm watching my calorie intake and slowly but surely increasing my exercise. Still have some way to go to reach my target weight, maybe when I'm half way there will post success story with pics. But for now, just concentrating on losing my daughter's weight. Need to set an example for her and be a happy, healthy fit role model for her.
Anyone that wants to help and support me is welcome. I will do the same for you and that is a promise. Add me if you like. To everyone trying to lose, gain or maintain their weight on MFP, well done on you own achievements so far and best of luck on your journey to a happier, healthier, better you.

Replies

• bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Haha, I love it! I'd quite like to lose my 10 month old, but that may be a long term goal, right now I'd settle for her birth weight. And yes, carrying them around really puts weight into perspective - particularly when I carry the combined 24kg of the 2 year old and 10 month old (because, yes, sometimes they do both insist on being carried at once).
    I'm sorry that people in your life have 'cracked jokes' about your weight. That's just not on. And I understand the emotional eating - my biggest weakness. Chocolate and red wine when I'm stressed/unhappy/despondent/etc
    Well done in losing 10kg! That's brilliant! And yes, we will be fit, positive role models for our daughters! That's my number one goal!
  • eyeofnewt555
    eyeofnewt555 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! You've come so far already!
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    10/10 for an attention grabbing title.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Go get it!
  • jorinya
    Options

Thank you. Losing her weight is my goal. She's quite heavy when carrying her around. So I know I'll feel better losing that weight for good.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I'm about 7 pounds away from losing my 13 year old, 5'8" daughter.
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Sigh... I probably need to lose my husband (~140lbs). 74lb down though!
  • jorinya
    Options
    I'm about 7 pounds away from losing my 13 year old, 5'8" daughter.

Wow, that's impressive. Keep it up!!
  • jorinya
    Options
    Sigh... I probably need to lose my husband (~140lbs). 74lb down though!

Congratulations on your weight loss so far. That is fantastic. You are doing a good job. Add me if you like!!
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options

Yup!
  • m_o_
    m_o_ Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love this math. I would need to lose my almost seven year old daughter to be considered a normal weight. I have trouble carrying her too but most of that is because she's so tall.
  • ReynaDay01
    ReynaDay01 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I love how you measured that out. I need to loose 3/4 of my Labrdoodle.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    put her down then

shes 3. god gave her legs for a reason .she can walk (and yes, i used that line on my kids ;) )

lol ;)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You can do it!
    I've lost the equivalant of one of my dogs and one of my cats... I need to lose the other dog now.
  • jorinya
    Options
    put her down then

shes 3. god gave her legs for a reason .she can walk (and yes, i used that line on my kids ;) )

lol ;)

Part of weight training and endurance training too lol.