Celebrity Motivation

Options
What celebrity motivates you? Fitness, acting, music, whatever. Who do you get motivation from to stick to your goals?

Replies

• Spaniel5
    Spaniel5 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Jennifer Aniston, she's only 3 years younger than me.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    None. I like some celebrities' dress sense and try to emulate that, but so many of them are so dumb about food and nutrition and exercise (I once read that Amanda Seyfried spends two hours on an elliptical each day, no rest days. That's healthy!).

I don't believe in following somebody anyway. Take what you need, but don't try to motivate yourself by putting someone on a pedestal.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my trainer. She is a normal person with normal full time job and family. That is way more like me than any celebrity. HA
  • ClaudiaMessenger
    ClaudiaMessenger Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Jennifer Lawrence motivates me, we're the same height, she has a great healthy body and she appears to be a very strong person. Plus I like her movies which helps!
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Khloe Kardashian...sorry, I know not everyone likes her but she looks hot as f now! Not that she didn't before, but d**!!!
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    victoria secret models, jillian michaels, scarlett johansen, cameron diaze, jennifer lopez, kiara knightley, ,
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    geotrice wrote: »
    What celebrity motivates you?

None. Not in any way shape or form. They are just people who put their pants on like everyone else.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    What celebrity motivates you?

None. Not in any way shape or form. They are just people who put their pants on like everyone else.

I'm sorry, but if celebrities are just normal people why can't you find any motivation in their achievements? Because they worked hard to achieve what they have? Because they have the same emotions, relationships, dreams, and wishes you do? A lot of celebrities started with nothing and worked their way up. Yeah, seems like they have the easy life with tons of money but most work 24/7 - work hard, play hard. Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to find the reason in your comment.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I've never really found "thinspiration" in celebrities. One time I saw this chick lifting at the gym, and she had the most awesome legs I've ever seen, and just a banging body all around. Very muscular, but curvey and hot, not "dude-like". I think her legs inspired me.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    CurvyToFit wrote: »
    Khloe Kardashian...sorry, I know not everyone likes her but she looks hot as f now! Not that she didn't before, but d**!!!

Khloe is the only Kardashian I like- she cracks me up!

ETA: And she really has worked hard the past year she looks fabulous!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    What celebrity motivates you? Fitness, acting, music, whatever. Who do you get motivation from to stick to your goals?

Batman. When I'm working out, I pretend batman is watching and judging me to see if I can take on the mantle as the next robin.
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I saw The Who on this tour. That band has two men - one nearing 70 and the other just past it - who look and act their age while being in top mental and physical condition. I want to be vital and relevant and fit enough to do what I love to do at that age. For that matter, I want those things right now!
  • geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    For me, right now, it's Joe Manganiello. I read his book and it rejuvenated my drive to focus on my goals. There are "real" people who motivate me too but he's the celebrity who's keeping me motivated. I like Arnold but I don't want to be a "bodybuilder", I just want to be fit and strong.

Dec.-4.jpg
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    None. Most of them have trainers and chefs. They don't have typical responsibilities like we do. I admire the people I know in real life and the people I get to know through here. They don't motivate me, but their accomplishments despite having full lives are better than someone who basically has others helping carry them and gets paid to look good.
  • jjmorse1985
    jjmorse1985 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like the celebrities who are in shape, but I read that Jennifer Aniston works out 5 times a day wtf! I want to do my own thing just get kims butt lol
  • Cladf
    Cladf Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »

Batman. When I'm working out, I pretend batman is watching and judging me to see if I can take on the mantle as the next robin.

This is definitely one of the best motivations I've heard - make me chuckle. I'm totally stealing that - I wanna be Robin :)
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Cladf wrote: »
    My_Butt wrote: »

This is definitely one of the best motivations I've heard - make me chuckle. I'm totally stealing that - I wanna be Robin :)

Uh oh! Are you saying I have competition now? Need to push harder now. I will be robin.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    CurvyToFit wrote: »

Khloe is the only Kardashian I like- she cracks me up!

ETA: And she really has worked hard the past year she looks fabulous!

Same here! I love her personality. She'd be fun to hang out with in person, plus she also seems to have some common sense. You have to look past all the media stuff and the made-up stuff on the show, but she seems normal.
  • stormfront98
    stormfront98 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    \
    Joe Manganiello I had the opportunity to meet him, He came in to my gym to work out actually I didn't recognize him at first, looks familiar etc but it was him, the guy is very cool and incredibly dedicated to keeping fit and built He does an incredible work out. he looks way bigger in person then in the photos.. and tall
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    I like the celebrities who are in shape, but I read that Jennifer Aniston works out 5 times a day wtf! I want to do my own thing just get kims butt lol

Not disputing you personally, but remember: don't believe everything you read! Not sure it's possible to workout 5 times per day.

When it comes to celebrities the media takes to the extremes: either they exercise excessively and have extreme diets or they say they eat whatever they want and never workout.

Not believable either way. I don't look to celebrities specifically for inspiration. There are some body types I prefer more than others, but I'd rather work with what I have.