question?

Options
So my main things i do for cardio are the elliptical, treadmill, or stationary bike....has anyone else had issues with numbness in their toes while doing any of these machines??? The numbness only happens wen im doing one of these activities and i think it might be my shoes not fitting correctly....plus my shoes arent exactly quality tennis shoes...jw if anyone else has had issues like this and wat u did to fix it?

Replies

• bec6980
    bec6980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    try stretching close to the areas before and after and practice your balance
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    Ive had this happen when doing the eliptical for a long time. I just try to wiggle my toes in stride, not sure what else to do
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I get this sometimes, especially when I'm cycling. I suspect it is because I have a really wide right foot (damn skydiving injuries!!) and my shoes don't quite accomodate this.
    It really is worth spending money on a decent pair of shoes, fitted right for you - it seems like quite an outlay but is so much better for your feet.
  • mita2161
    mita2161 Posts: 20
    Options
    Im right there with you. It happens to me when im also on the eliptical for a long time.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i used to get that... i'm not sure if it was because i was carrying so much extra weight, or because i was exercising longer on the cross trainer (i used to do 25 mins on the cross trainer).

since then i've lost 15kg, and i have changed my routines a bit, so i don't go as long on one machine, i usually only do 10 minutes per machine, so i guess i change positions, have a walk in between each machine...

either that, or my blood flow has improved with the weight loss.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    That used to happen to me when I had tennis shoes that were too narrow. Nikes have too narrow a toe box for me, I've done better switching to new balance and brooks.
  • tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ive had this happen when doing the eliptical for a long time. I just try to wiggle my toes in stride, not sure what else to do

Exactly the same here!!!
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Only my middle toe goes numb. I assume its because its slightly longer than the rest and the joint is slightly forward of the rest.