Spinning class and yoga! Surprisingly fun!

Options
Just did my first spinning class... It was 40 minutes of spinning with crazy-loud music and then 30 minutes of yoga. I liked it but am sure my booty will hurt tomorrow from those seats. Also might go deaf from the music. Haha.

Anyone else do this? And if so, how do you estimate calories? I have a fitbit but no heart monitor functionality, unfortunately. I am guessing it will be hard to accurately estimate the burn.

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    That sounds really nice! I would log the spinning as aerobics if you can't find spinning, and give it maybe 7 cals/min unless you were slacking ;) And yoga is @1 ca/min.
  • jeanners98
    jeanners98 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Cool! Thanks! I found stationary bike and said I was doing light effort just to be safe.
  • HillOE
    HillOE Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'd say you're probably doing more than a light effort in a spinning class, I know my spinning/yoga class has no cool down after the spin (that's what yoga is for), so other than a high revolution easy spin 5 min warm up we're going the entire way.

I love spinning with yoga after - it's a great combo. Glad you're happy with your first taste of it too!
  • jeanners98
    jeanners98 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yes i sweat a ton in the class!