I'm so sore!!!!

Options
I'm very proud of myself!! In the last 2 days I've walked a total of 8 or more miles and I feel great...I have more energy than ever but.....my legs beg to differ lol....I really hope it gets better!!!

Replies

• RodHudson1229
    RodHudson1229 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It will get better everyday!!!!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Yup. Just keep at it. Your body will adjust. :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    It will! I'm so sore today too. I feel like an old grandma.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,832 Member
    Options
    My grandma never looked like you do, my lady! lol

Your body will adjust, either in being sore for less time after and/or less intense soreness. But even after years of training, if you go out and kill a workout with more intensity than your body has grown accustomed to seeing, the soreness will return. (Ask my legs after yesterday's leg blitz, wow, been a while.)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    My grandma never looked like you do, my lady! lol

Your body will adjust, either in being sore for less time after and/or less intense soreness. But even after years of training, if you go out and kill a workout with more intensity than your body has grown accustomed to seeing, the soreness will return. (Ask my legs after yesterday's leg blitz, wow, been a while.)

I know. I started a new program this week, PHUL, and the added hypertrophy work has caused some fun DOMS. Gonna go for a walk.
  • landrylove
    landrylove Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :) thank you all!!!
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I also recommend stretching when you are sore, it will help minimize it. But yes it will improve, keep going.
  • landrylove
    landrylove Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a problem remembering to stretch....when I'm ready to do this I'm gone!!!! I really need to slow down lol