5'3 & 5'4 ladies what's your GOAL WEIGHT??

Options

Replies

• Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    5'4" with a petite frame, my goal weight is 126lbs. I used to be happy at that weight, slim but not scrawny. I'm still chunky on the bottom half at that weight but being 2 sizes bigger on the top to bottom, if I slim my legs, I look like skin and bone on the top half. I've gone from 149lbs to 137 so far.
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    5'3 (and a half) goal weight is 135
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'4. At my biggest, I was 180lbs (back when I was a teen). At my lightest, I was 125 (this looked equally bad on me). Both my heaviest and my lightest was brought on by disordered eating.

My weight when I was fit and healthy from eating well and working out and looked hot (lets be honest) was when I was 130-132lbs. So that's where I'm going.

I'm currently somewhere between 140-145lbs. I haven't weighed myself in a month.
  • panhandle8
    panhandle8 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Arliah wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    I'm 5'4", 28 (no kids) and small framed, and while I don't lift heavy I do work out moderately. I've maintained around 118 pounds for a couple years, which I know is lighter than a lot of similar height women but accounts for my build. My highest weight was about 145 and I looked visibly overweight then.
    Just as an FYI, at that height you are not overweight at 145 :) That's in the normal BMI range.

I said I looked overweight. Due to my small frame, the top end of "healthy" BMI looks decidedly UNhealthy on me. All those people who say that BMI is crap because is doesn't account for muscle and you can be over the healthy weight and still look and feel good are right but it also works in the opposite direction for slighter people.
    See what I mean? In the first two pics I think most people would consider me a bit chunky for sure.
    I get it. I am the same height and when I was ~145 after my 2nd (well after...) I looked quite chunky. My face was chubby and it was not pretty from the head down. Like I said above, I am really short waist-ed with only about 2 inches between my ribs and pelvis.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    It actually should be a range not a specific weight. It's not like you get there and stay there. Just your liver alone can fluctuate 3 pounds in a day just doing it's thing. The scale becomes a bit useless once you reach your goal. It's easy to get sort of addicted to the scale when you are losing weight, but at some point you have to let it go and not tie your happiness to a thing that measures total body weight. There is a lot more to the human body than fat cells and muscle tissues. How your clothes fit are the best indication once your reach a healthy place - how how your pants fit around the waist.

16440072.png
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    5'3
    SW 175
    CW 198
    GW 120 but 130-135 would be more realistic
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    5' 3"
    Mum of four great kids (13, 11, 8 and 3)
    SW (without help): 209lb
    SW (MFP + help): 200lb
    CW: 179lb
    TW: 143lb or 147lb, whichever makes me feel comfortable.
  • AnnabelleC08
    AnnabelleC08 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my goal is135. My lowest in high school was 123, lowest after college was 127 (starving myself). I've built muscle etc so even if 135 is a higher BMI, that's where I'd be comfortable.
  • rhiannynsmom
    rhiannynsmom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    5'3.5"
    32 and have had 2 children
    small frame
    HW 198
    SW 162 ( when I joined MFP)
    CW 118

I would be perfectly ok with staying my current weight if I could gain more muscle. I have been as low as 105 but was told by several people that I was too thin.
  • Kelleyfriday
    Kelleyfriday Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'4"
    Sw 230
    Cw209
    Gw 160

Lowest Ive been is 170. Life happened so back on the diet train. I don't mind curves I don't know if I would feel like myself if I was below 160. My frame isn't small either!
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Before kids I was 140. I have no desire to get there again. :)
  • UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and 5'3". My goal weight is 120. Still have a little over 40 pounds to lose.
  • Hilda0414
    Hilda0414 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly 62, 5'4" and up to 139, after gaining about 7 pounds of this the last six months. I feel miserable, my clothes don't fit, etc. My goal is to increase muscle, decrease F-A-T and my optimal, feel-best- weight is usually around 122-125.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Ugh, sorry those photos are enormous, everyone. Hope you all enjoy scrolling past my old belly fat!
  • ajcmoran2005
    ajcmoran2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    5'4"
    SW 141
    CW 121.6
    GW 117
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You know, I was just thinking of this yesterday.Lost 60 lbs so far. 185 lbs and 5"4". I don't have a goal weight nor do I want to make one now. Go figure!
  • leah4590
    leah4590 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my goal weight is something under 140, but it's not so much the number that I'm concerned about, I just want to be happy in my skin, whatever that weight ends up being. Does that sound contrary??

Everything I've lost so far is epic, but I've still got like 50 lbs to lose. (Although I've already lost 35 lbs which is AWESOME!!!!)
  • miche173
    miche173 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 42, with a child and a rather large frame.

SW--222
    CW--191
    GW--142

I will reevaluate when I get there, but that would put me at a healthy BMI.
  • amdawells
    amdawells Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" mother of three, turning 41 next mo. SW: 161 CW: 156/157 (I fluctuate) GW: 130'ish. by August. I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I have lost a total of 8". I'm in my fifth week of Insanity
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and my goal weight is 130.

SW: 170
    CW: 160
    GW: 130