day four WOW

Options
nicholeb17
nicholeb17 Posts: 1 Member
My start weight is 208 and I am 5'5. This has been my fourth consecutive day using this app. I have lost ten pounds already! I cut out all soda and iced coffee(my favorite) and I enter EVERY thing I eat into this app. My goal is to get down to 150lbs. I am completely shocked with how much weight I have lost in just four days.

Replies

• MickyMo
    MickyMo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That's crazy awesome. I just started back again - haven't lost that much but tomorrow morning is the official weigh in. I'm 278 and want to be 150 so I have a long way to go. I'm 5'4".
  • fallenoaks4
    fallenoaks4 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It's water weight. Don't get discouraged when it slows down. Stay the course. Congrats on the loss.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss!
  • PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I love your enthusiasm! ;):pB)
  • gdelrosa
    gdelrosa Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it up
  • stukawife
    stukawife Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The one thing that all sucessful diets have in common is requiring users to record what they eat. Your progress is great!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    10 pounds in only 4 days...not possible.. you had to have been eating a deficit before MFP or this is a bunch of water..even 10 pounds of water is a lot...

Not trying to bust your bubble..but I don't want you step on the scale again and it be off...First week will be water and very very little fat... Your body needs time to adjust to less calories, especially carb decrease.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    congrats on the huge loss, it will slow off so be prepared, 2lbs a week is a good average when you've a lot to lose - keep up the great work :smile: -
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! 10 lbs the first week is not uncommon. Giving up the soda and iced coffee was a good choice. Especially the soda which has a lot of sodium in it. Some of the weight may have been excess water but 10 lbs is 10 lbs gone.
    you may see a slow down next week just keep at it.
  • sherrybroadie
    sherrybroadie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I think I am at a plateau. I have 13 more lbs to go and it is hard. I think it is my dinners. I am starving at dinner. Breakfast and lunch is no problem.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    stukawife wrote: »
    The one thing that all sucessful diets have in common is requiring users to record what they eat. Your progress is great!

I didn't log a thing when I lost.

OP: congrats! As others have mentioned, some of it is water weight, from changing your diet, or eating fewer carbs, ending your period, all of the above, BUT! You're off to a great start, and good job dumping the soda!

Eat healthy, eat less, move more and you'll be great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!