Hello Hello!

Options
Hi All! I was sent to this site by someone at one of my jobs who has had great success here. I'm hoping for the same!

I'm a nursing student with 3 jobs, a 5 year old DD, two step kids and a DH. So yeah, I stress eat. I have gained a ton of weight this semester, and it makes one of my jobs, coaching cheerleading, very hard. I want to be active with my girls, and be able to do the awesome toe touch jumps I used to do, and 75 extra pounds makes it hard to get off the ground LOL.

I'm excited to start, and dreading Christmas all at the same time.

Replies

• Charilee7
    Options
    Hi All! I was sent to this site by someone at one of my jobs who has had great success here. I'm hoping for the same!

I'm a nursing student with 3 jobs, a 5 year old DD, two step kids and a DH. So yeah, I stress eat. I have gained a ton of weight this semester, and it makes one of my jobs, coaching cheerleading, very hard. I want to be active with my girls, and be able to do the awesome toe touch jumps I used to do, and 75 extra pounds makes it hard to get off the ground LOL.

I'm excited to start, and dreading Christmas all at the same time.
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP and good luck with the weight loss.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: welcome
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    As cliche as it sounds, literally take it one day at a time. Don't stress out about the holidays. Enjoy your family, start with a small goal of portion control, and then kick butt in the New Year, if that is what you need to get motivated. Enjoy and welcome!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    As cliche as it sounds, literally take it one day at a time. Don't stress out about the holidays. Enjoy your family, start with a small goal of portion control, and then kick butt in the New Year, if that is what you need to get motivated. Enjoy and welcome!
    Really great points are made here!! Water water and more water will keep everything flushed out...the junk your body maybe doesn't want in your system very long... drinking water has many benefits and helps to keep the bloating at bay when we eat less than healthy foods...

even if you add ONE thing in this holiday season.. like shared... one step at a time, be it, more water, take a walk you hadn't done in the past, realize it's ONLY food....you REALLY can have it any time you want in the year if you choice. That's one thing that has worked for me and the xmas treats are really no biggee for me for that reason.

Do I want fudge? not really anymore but if I DID, who says you can't go buy a piece in July, know what I mean? Turkey?? Ham? heck we can make those in August the same as Dec! See where I'm going here? Food is around ALL year....there are only a few things that can't be made in Summer...ok, peanut brittle...:laugh: ask me how I know? It doesn't turn out in humid weather... Ok so go buy some! ah yes I know...'Sophia May' boxed peanut brittle is sooooooo not homemade..:sad: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :wink: :huh:

so go buy a piece in Aug...

Seriously....I am SO THANKFUL Holiday stuff is pretty meaningless to me now after putting my healthy mindset on... I just see it as a means to feed and nourish our bodies....

Eating crappy food does NOT make my body happy....it takes seconds to take a couple bites and then to be left feeling ewwwwwww...

Well, do the best you can, starting out in the Holiday Season can be a great time to learn to realize food is simply ..just that...food. But ti can also be a hard time if we allow it to be...

Be extra patient and kind with yourself....the healthier you eat now..the less time you'll spend looking back and say....ohhhhh I wish...I so wish I hadn't eaten that... :::fill in the blank.:::::

Most important of all?? DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP...no matter what you end up eating or drinking!! That can only make matters worse.... seriously...if you do the best you can ...so be it...but beating ourselves up with guilt gets us nowhere but further into the Winter Fudge...:laugh: :bigsmile:

Cheers:drinker: :heart:
    Elizabeth:heart:
  • missystock
    Options
    Hello~ I am new to fitness pal and I am so very excited to give this a try! I have tried everything from diet pills, baby food, not eating to LA WEIGHT LOSS, and nothing I have not sen any results. I am hoping to see results with this program. I am 30 years old, mom of three. tiwn girls that are 7 and a baby boy who is 4, been married to my wonderful hubby for 9 years, and I am stay at home mom.

I am having alot of weight issues here and need help
    I had a complete hysterectomy done in May of 2008 and needed to be put on hormone replacements and also lexapro. thats when I noticed all the weight gain starting, last summer I was at 146 my lowest weight since high school and now I am at 183.5 lbs.. It's very depressing to see pictures just a little over a year ago to now.. and then in October the I got sick really sick and ended up in the hospital for blood clots on my lungs. so now I am on blood thinners and I have to watch what I eat... So I am trying to watch what I eat. and I am still having alot problems.. so I need help.

So today is a new day in my life and I am following through this time!!!! not giving up...

My name is Missy
    and I live Omro Wi
    if you want to know anything please just ask!!!
  • mtinnell
    Options
    Hello ~ I am new to fitness pal also. I am looking forward to being healthier and hopefully, thinner! I have tried a lot of diets but never really followed through. So I never had any success.

I, too am on lexapro... wondering if the medication makes a difference in food cravings, etc. Not planning to go off tho because it really helps with my depression. I too, feel depressed looking @ pictures from the past. But i know I have to go on from today and make today the best I can and make a better future.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life! I want it to be a healthier and happier future. :flowerforyou: