Girls: did you ever have one of those days, you can't stop eating?!?

Options
Once in awhile I get a day where no matter what I eat I just want more. I can't get full and my stomach is growling all day.
Sweets then salty sweets then salty. Breakfast snack lunch snack dinner snack.. And not great choices today.
Just couldn't stop today! Feeling gross :0(
Trying to get motivated to move more and eat less and today was a huge FAIL!

Replies

• TashuaC
    TashuaC Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I get days like that. It can be really hard feeling out of control. When it is really bad I stop tracking my calories because I know I must be about 4000 when my limit is 1200. At times like this I try to slow the urge down by drinking a lot of water. Also cut my losses by going to bed as early as possible. I can not eat if I am asleep. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I realized I have those days when I've been well below my calories for the previous few days. Like my body is telling me to catch up. Stupid body!
  • price0909
    price0909 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    TashuaC wrote: »
    I get days like that. It can be really hard feeling out of control. When it is really bad I stop tracking my calories because I know I must be about 4000 when my limit is 1200. At times like this I try to slow the urge down by drinking a lot of water. Also cut my losses by going to bed as early as possible. I can not eat if I am asleep. Tomorrow is a new day.

Yes! Should of went to bed at 12pm!! Lol usually I brush my teeth and that's the cut off.. Just one of those days.

Need support and motivation. Every day I think of how much I want to get back to my old self working out and loving it and running and exercising eating less .. Not sure what my problem is lately :0/
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Chew gum... It seems to help me
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Not really.

You can choose to exercise self control whenever you want. Drinking more and making sure that your diet has enough fiber and fat help too.
  • lilmisscrabby
    lilmisscrabby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i am a emotional eater i sure now , i got the worse news i have ever heard in my life and i have been eating for 3 days and have gained a lot , i hope i can stop but i do not know how to handle what is going on with my mother and i am heart broken and sick because of the news i found out , so yes i totally understand
  • Kristyai3
    Kristyai3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This happens to me for a day or two right before TOM. I usually eat at maintenance on those days and get back on track as soon as the munchies ease.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Happens to me for sure! Don't do what I have done recently though....I just avoided the scale and pretended nothing was happening :( Just being aware and making an effort to try is better than hiding in fear trust me.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    yeah, every once in a while. Blargh.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I get those days and 9 times out of 10 when I look at what I've eaten, I am low in protein and/or fat. Last week I had a couple of days when I thought I'd chew my own arm off and, sure enough, I was low in both.
  • gluteusasssimus
    gluteusasssimus Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hate days like that! I feel like I can eat you out of house and home. The next day I usually feel so guilty, I try to avoid weighing and measuring myself and excercise a little more than I did the other day. Thing is, we are going to have days where we sort of fall off track - we are human, we aren't perfect. All we can do is pick ourselves back up and go again. It's the start of a new day, and don't let the past define you!
  • Ame_ly
    Ame_ly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Never happened to me. I have days when I crave calorie dense foods(sometimes it's healthy stuff like almonds, some other times it's chocolate or ice cream) and times when I crave carbs(pasta, bread, potatoes) but I can never eat big quantities.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    happens to me once a month about 4 days before my period starts! seriously its like im a garbage disposale.
  • Belleghetti
    Belleghetti Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think we all have those days but don't lose hope! It could be your are coming up on time for your monthly cycle :P OOOOOR and this is the nicer option it could be that you are about to drop some weight. That will do it to you too! You can't be too strict too often. Enjoy your cheat day and do better tomorrow.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I realized I have those days when I've been well below my calories for the previous few days. Like my body is telling me to catch up. Stupid body!

No, that's not a sign of a stupid body but a sign that you're over-restricting your calories! Most people go nuts after a few days of too much deficit. I've been there and thought I was making great progress because I was so low for a few days. Then, I would make up for it and then some in one day. You're better off keeping things on a more even keel.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Not really.

You can choose to exercise self control whenever you want. Drinking more and making sure that your diet has enough fiber and fat help too.

^^ this