Drop in blood pressure

Options
I am on day ten of my new diet. The first eight days, I felt wonderful! Yesterday, though, I began feeling very tired and irritable, I had headaches and felt light headed. Today I felt the same way, so I had my blood pressure checked at work. My normal range is 118/72, but today it was 112/52, owch. I am eating 1850 calories a day and I have not eliminated any food groups from my diet, so I don't understand why this is happening. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, do you know what caused it, and how to fix it?

Replies

• SkinnyMiss053
    SkinnyMiss053 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It happened to me too. Not just with my diet, but as I lost weight as well. I never had this problem while I was overweight. I just try to get in enough sodium. I also felt like that today. Drank a bullion cube with lunch and I added lots of salty seasoning to my fish for dinner. I'm already feeling better.
  • mamabear1114
    mamabear1114 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    So salt is the problem then, @SkinnyMiss053? I will try a salty snack and see if that helps! Thank you!
  • SkinnyMiss053
    SkinnyMiss053 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So salt is the problem then, @SkinnyMiss053? I will try a salty snack and see if that helps! Thank you!

Not necessarily, but typically. At least that's what my doctor told me I needed. I think I drink way too much water so what little salt I have I flush out of my system. Hope the salty snack helps you. :)