Fit bit????

Options
turn4035
turn4035 Posts: 11 Member
Looking for the best? Would like to track total cals burned per day and exercise. Also step counter and sleep monitor. What do you suggest and why?

Replies

• maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I don't like wearing things on my wrist - I am happy with the FB One that I inherited - I attach it to the center-front of my bra. It would track sleep but I don't bother with that feature. It doesn't track calories, though - it assigns a calorie burn to my step-based activity (which is what it actually tracks) and the non-step exercise that I manually enter.
  • webrat_jen
    webrat_jen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i love my fitbit charge HR. it tracks steps, stairs, heartrate and connects well with myfitnesspal. since i do some of my exercise on a stationary bike, the heartrate calcuator helps keep my calories accurate. the dashboard is easy to read, and i find the whole thing motivating (but then, i love numbers and things to track!)
    it does measure sleep, but the readouts aren't very useful.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    FitBits are activity trackers. These are great for telling you whether your day was sedentary or active, or something in between. My FitBit One also counts flights of stairs (not all do). The newest FitBit model has a heart rate component (not sure if it's a chest strap*).

Anyway, my FitBit One does a decent job with my cardio because it's step based. Nothing is going to give me an accurate estimate on strength training. But if I want to log "some estimate" I can. It's all synced to MFP.

*Chest strap vs. wrist only....many wrist only devices have issues. If your arms are flailing about, then your heart rate may not be register accurately. If you have a FitBit Flex and your arms are still, steps may not register accurately.
  • MommyMichelle1234
    MommyMichelle1234 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have fitbit zip. Synced with mfp.
    I log all workouts on map my fitness, which syncs to mfp.

Mfp adjusts calories burned during the workout with fitbit's step count. You then can also see the activity on fitbit.

Can't link fitbit and map my fitness though... it will double count calories burned.