Only 1lb in a month!! :(

Options
hi,

Just relieving frustration really. Been logging everything and increased exercise.. But I've only lost 1lb in a month!! Feeling slightly sad that after all of this and reading people's success stories I've only lost a lb!!

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Do you use a food scale? Can you open your food diary? What are your height, weight, age and workout routine? And do you have an active job? And is it your TOM?
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are logging 100% as well as consider lowering your caloric goal. The good news is...you maintained! So you know what to eat in order to not gain any more weight. Keep it up and don't give up.
  • Auntiezozo81
    Auntiezozo81 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! :smile:
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Have you lost inches? I tend to lose inches before pounds. It is discouraging to see the scale stay the same, but I love the way my clothes feel when they start getting loose! That's what I use to keep myself motivated! Good luck to you! :)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    It's going slowly for me too. But hey 1lb down is better than 1lb up!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    JayRuby84 wrote: »
    Make sure you are logging 100% as well as consider lowering your caloric goal. The good news is...you maintained! So you know what to eat in order to not gain any more weight. Keep it up and don't give up.

not necessarily like what if OP does all the things that we know retain water weight?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Do you use a food scale? Can you open your food diary? What are your height, weight, age and workout routine? And do you have an active job? And is it your TOM?

Just going to bump this, lol
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If you opened your diary and let others look we might be able to give some more accurate advice for you :) I know it can be hard when it is slow going, but doing it the healthy way will keep it off in the long wrong. Keep it up!

What type of exercise are you doing?
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Just going to bump this, lol

OP finds your questions irrelevant but they are very relevant.
  • Auntiezozo81
    Options
    Psulemon, I don't have an active job, I do use a food scale. I'm 5'6 and 14st 7lbs. What is a TOM?
  • Auntiezozo81
    Options
    I walk 10,000steps per day
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Psulemon, I don't have an active job, I do use a food scale. I'm 5'6 and 14st 7lbs. What is a TOM?

Time of the month.
  • luvz2bake2015
    luvz2bake2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try eating something every two hours and cut back on sugar. I have tried it all and the only way I lose is by fueling my body often but staying within my calorie intake range. It keeps the body fueled, no cravings and I stay pretty energized.
  • yopeeps025
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Try eating something every two hours and cut back on sugar. I have tried it all and the only way I lose is by fueling my body often but staying within my calorie intake range. It keeps the body fueled, no cravings and I stay pretty energized.

Bold is what is needed for weight loss burn more calories than you intake. Does not matter how you do it.
  • Auntiezozo81
    Options
    Thanks!! :smile:
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Eff the scale. Check your measurements! Find a set of clothes You KNOW were snug a few months back and see how they fit now. Remember, weight is just a number.
  • Auntiezozo81
    Options
    Agree the the bloody scale. Will take measurements and will try clothes!
  • Auntiezozo81
    Options
    And calorie intake
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    -1 is better than +1
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Runngurl43 wrote: »
    -1 is better than +1

^^ this ...just tighten up your logging, your deficit is smaller than you think is the most likely theory, I know anytime my loss was slow to non existent that was the reason :neutral: