Is One Day Without Binging a Victory?

Options
You bet. i hopped on the scale saturday morning and almost died. 327 pounds. i'm shocked. completely shocked. i looked back at some of my journals, and i swore to god that i would never in my life get over 300 pounds, but it has happened and i'm so ashamed.

i tried really hard to focus myself on things other than food, and did pretty well. i overate at dinner, but it was not a binge, so i am very happy. weigh-in was this monring and i'm at 326, so hopefully this will be the start of a downward progression instead of upwards.

i woke up this morning and really really wanted to go out for breakfast. then i told myself that this is what has gotten me into trouble before. then i was contemplating what to have for lunch and i immediately thoguht of fast food or going out to a restaurant. well i packed my healthy lunch and had ceral for breakfast, so i'm over at least 2 hurdles for the day. i also took out my fixings for tonight, so for today, at least, i have no excuses for eating badly.

i find myself at the edge of tears alot lately. i feel so defeated, like the binge-monster has finally won. but i'm sharpening my sword, and i swear to god, even if it takes the rest of my life i will slay that son of a beep if it's the last thing i do.

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    You bet. i hopped on the scale saturday morning and almost died. 327 pounds. i'm shocked. completely shocked. i looked back at some of my journals, and i swore to god that i would never in my life get over 300 pounds, but it has happened and i'm so ashamed.

i tried really hard to focus myself on things other than food, and did pretty well. i overate at dinner, but it was not a binge, so i am very happy. weigh-in was this monring and i'm at 326, so hopefully this will be the start of a downward progression instead of upwards.

i woke up this morning and really really wanted to go out for breakfast. then i told myself that this is what has gotten me into trouble before. then i was contemplating what to have for lunch and i immediately thoguht of fast food or going out to a restaurant. well i packed my healthy lunch and had ceral for breakfast, so i'm over at least 2 hurdles for the day. i also took out my fixings for tonight, so for today, at least, i have no excuses for eating badly.

i find myself at the edge of tears alot lately. i feel so defeated, like the binge-monster has finally won. but i'm sharpening my sword, and i swear to god, even if it takes the rest of my life i will slay that son of a beep if it's the last thing i do.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You need to know that you are NOT the only one.
    You also need to know that the SIMPLE fact that you are on HERE means that you are in the process of getting back to the healthy you that you want to me.
    YES dear one day without benging is a HUGE victory! ESPECIALLY AT THIS TIME OF YEAR!
    Do a dance to celebrate!
    --Diann...
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    YES IT IS A VICTORY!!!.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Every time you carry out your purpose it is a victory!!! Congratulations!!!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    One day at a time! If I make it through one day not going over my calories, it makes me think that I can do it the next day too. If you do binge, don't give up. Tell yourself tomorrow is another day.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    A victory and one day closer to your goal!!!

I've been thinking about you, hoping your water situation is better. When life is hard it makes it harder to think about eating healthy and not just eating to make yourself feel alittle better.

Stay strong and when one day is to much to look at hang on and just look at the next hour or even the next few minutes. You can do this. Even if none of us live near you we are all here for you cheering you on!
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of a quote I once heard, 'You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.'

One day without binging IS a victory. You're on your way to figuring this whole lifestyle change out. Good for you! :drinker:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    It'd these small victories that add up. One step at a time. That is what I am doing. Slowly I am learning how to eat healthy. And MFP has help so much. All the people are so nice here and helpfu. . God Bless you All.----Marie
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    we all know where you are coming from..baby steps will get you there...good luck...
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    one day no binging is most certainly a victory. Be really proud of yourself. Binging on thousands of calories and then trying to eat normal is so damn hard. i've been binging since i was a child and it seems ingrained in me, but i'm determined to go one full week without.

anyway, best of luck to you and your journey. you've made a great start so far! take it one day at a time :smile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Elle-- one moment, one hour, one meal, one day-- absolutely a victory. We're all in this together-- you keep on plugging, young lady!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Elle-- one moment, one hour, one meal, one day-- absolutely a victory. We're all in this together-- you keep on plugging, young lady!!

Amen!! I second that!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Amen! I couldn't have said it better.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    learn from today and its a victory!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome! Keep it up! :flowerforyou:

Something that's worked for me is if I want something really, really bad I usually tell myself that I can have it tomorrow. There's a bag of chips that's been sitting in my cubicle cabinet at work since September. Every time I see them I want them. But I tell myself I can have them tomorrow if I really want them. Now it's become a game to me, to see how long the chips can stay in the cabinet and off of my thighs. So far, I'm winning. :wink:
  • kammiller
    Options
    you are not alone anyone who is overweight has a binging problem. One day at a time, everyday will get easier. Soon you will not feel like you are missing out on anything. The fast food thing is my problem too so just eat something before you leave the house and the craving wont be so bad.:tongue: