Alcohol

Options
2»

Replies

• lozz20782
    lozz20782 Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I drink Bourbon with diet coke or coke zero, iv'e been told each standard drink 30ml is 69 calories (the calories come only from the liquor itself as the diet drinks have no calories, but are loaded with other bad stuff) .
    I've been told by my pt that i would be much better off with something like vodka water and lime, but i just don't like it. I think the water is great for keeping you a little more hydrated as alcohol will dehydrate you quickly plus it will also slow your metabolism down. If your drinking, try to have a glass of water in between drinks. (I say that, but i never manage to accomplish that. Lol)

All of what i have written is only what I have been told, so anyone feel free to correct me????

I find that if I have a few drinks on the weekend (7ish) my weightloss stops for a couple of days.....it doesn't increase, but just sits at a stand still.
  • lucyrebeccawright
    lucyrebeccawright Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    can anyome recommend an alcoholic drink mixture that isn't too high in calories??

Gin & Slimline Tonic :)
  • SarahSloth342634
    SarahSloth342634 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Coors light, if you like beer
  • tracilhoffman
    tracilhoffman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Stay away from super sweet liquors and fruit juices. You can usually Google the calories in a particular beverage, whether it's beer or alcohol. I do plain or flavored vodka with drink mixes like Crystal Light. It's tougher to do when you go out for drinks, but sticking to diet soda helps.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I stick to vodka with an aspartame free, sugar free mixer
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Gin and soda with cucumber. Mmmmmm mmmm.
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    OP is 18... maybe not drinking alcohol would be the best drink of all for her!

OP might live in a country where the legal drinking age is 14 (Germany), 16 (Portugal, Moldova, Denmark... the list goes on) or 18 (Australia and pretty much every other country in the world except America, Indonesia, and a few in South Asia/ Middle East). How about a little more thought and a little less judgement?
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

OP might live in a country where the legal drinking age is 14 (Germany), 16 (Portugal, Moldova, Denmark... the list goes on) or 18 (Australia and pretty much every other country in the world except America, Indonesia, and a few in South Asia/ Middle East). How about a little more thought and a little less judgement?
    Well, only when you're under your parent's supervision can you have beer or wine at 14 in Germany. When it comes to buying alcohol the legal age for beer and wine is 16, for liquor it's 18.

Back to topic, I go for liquors with diet soda as well.
  • jamie_reynolds
    jamie_reynolds Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    gin and soda water with lime and/or lemon is my go-to DRANK
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    sugar free mojito. Tastes and looks special, cold and refreshing. I use white rum, club soda fresh lime wedges and some mint leaves, if the limes are particularly sour I add a little bit of splenda or stevia.

That's the exact drink I had this weekend! I didn't need the sweetner, I'm sweet enough :-)

I also make sure to measure my shots...keeping in mind that most shot glasses are 1-1/2 ounces so make sure you are aware of that when you're logging.
  • sashamolloy96
    sashamolloy96 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I'm in London, so 18 is allowed!
    Thank you :)
  • sashamolloy96
    sashamolloy96 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have had vodka and tonic this weekend and love it!
    Thanks for all the comments :)
  • timgleason2014
    timgleason2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Crystal light makes flavored drink mix. Their individual servings are 16 ounces and only 5 calories. They go great with vodka!
  • Goingnatural4real
    Goingnatural4real Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1800 tequila with lemon juice on ice