Stupid Chocolate!

Options
13»

Replies

• jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Did someone say chocolate!!!! I love chocolate. Dealing with chocolate is a battle every day. However, I do find that dark chocolate is harder to binge on because the flavor is too rich.

This. I have a dark chocolate bar in my cupboard and I only eat a piece if I *really* want chocolate -- and I find that isn't as much when I know its going to be dark chocolate, lol.
  • michmill98_1
    michmill98_1 Posts: 60 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I regularly have Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt for breakfast (esp on mornings when I've forgotten to prep my yogurt/frozen fruit mixture the night before).
    1 cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
    2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
    1/4 Tbsp Honey
    1 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
    Dash of vanilla extract
    Pinch of sea salt
    It's about 425 calories depending on which brand of peanut butter you use. Using Skippy Natural Creamy breaks it down to 28g Carbs, 22g Fat, and 31g Protein. The original recipe called for a full Tablespoon of honey but I'm not a big honey person.

Somedays I'll add extra chocolate chips just because I can but it helps with my sweet cravings. I'm another daily chocolate eater - some days it's more than others but you'll have to pry my wine and chocolate out of my cold dead hands!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    How dare you malign chocolate. It's never done anything to anyone except be delicious!
  • Spheee
    Spheee Posts: 23 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Most people are deficient in magnesium, because our farm soils are deficient in magnesium.

Also in my previous post I forgot to mention that it's possible to have very powerful chocolate green smoothies, using raw cacao. The proportions take a little tweaking. I prefer to make this with blueberries, dates, and parsley among other things.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Buy the best cocoa powder you can get (Valrhona for example)

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/sweets/5471/2

Incorporate it into healthy snacks by mixing (yogurt, hot water) and enjoy slowly.
  • misssmadalyn
    misssmadalyn Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I love dark chocolate covered almonds I have 6 a day. :smile: just because your losing weight doesn't mean you can only eat healthy. Your body needs different kinds of fats carbs sugars etc