Changing My Relationship with Food

Options
Hello :)
I just finished logging my first days meals and I'm looking for people to share my journey with.

I have been underweight and unhealthy for all my 22 years on this planet and I'm trying to change that!

I'm working on enjoying eating, and eating frequently throughout the day.

I usually get stuck in this cycle of feeling sick so I don't eat, then not being able to eat at all. Since I started changing my eating habits I've been able to eat without anxiety, and actually feel hungry.

If anyone wants to talk about their struggle and how they're helping themselves please post!

Replies

• PandoraGates
    PandoraGates Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Please add me as a friend if you are also working on gaining weight healthfully! I'd love to be inspired by other's progress.
  • Cyclingcook
    Cyclingcook Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can talk to you about how I recovered from being underweight to being healthy. I was a former anorexic- 2 years on I have gained a healthy body.
  • kiyapiya
    kiyapiya Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking to gain it healthy right now as I'm eating everything that I can that is full of calories , burgers , pizza , soda, icecream , anything . But it's been working for me. When I get to my goal weight then I'll ease into the fruits and veggies and maintain it from there
  • PandoraGates
    Options
    I can talk to you about how I recovered from being underweight to being healthy. I was a former anorexic- 2 years on I have gained a healthy body.

I'd love it if you'd like to chat and share ideas. I added you :)
  • PandoraGates
    Options
    kiyapiya wrote: »
    I'm not looking to gain it healthy right now as I'm eating everything that I can that is full of calories , burgers , pizza , soda, icecream , anything . But it's been working for me. When I get to my goal weight then I'll ease into the fruits and veggies and maintain it from there

Eat what you love right! I'm currently eating a little too much sodium and sugar but that's ok as I still feeling a lot better than before :) love my whole milk and salty guac lol!
  • my_crutch
    my_crutch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just wondering if you are still looking for ppl to talk to about issues with food, and how ur doing, and where u live and such :) how old u are or anything else u wanna tell.

I'm 29 and live in Canada and also have some problems maintaining weight
  • my_crutch
    Options
    You just seem to have the same feeling sick then not getting hungry and not wanting to eat thing that I do.
  • legs180
    legs180 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hello :)
    I just finished logging my first days meals and I'm looking for people to share my journey with.

I have been underweight and unhealthy for all my 22 years on this planet and I'm trying to change that!

I'm working on enjoying eating, and eating frequently throughout the day.

I usually get stuck in this cycle of feeling sick so I don't eat, then not being able to eat at all. Since I started changing my eating habits I've been able to eat without anxiety, and actually feel hungry.

If anyone wants to talk about their struggle and how they're helping themselves please post!

You have described me perfectly! I'm 24 and it was about 2 years ago that I decided to change how I think about eating. It's been a long and slow process but I'm so happy now that I actually feel hunger again instead of feeling sick, and I experience anxiety a lot less frequently now because of it. I'd be so happy to talk with you so we could help each other out!
  • pebbleslaura1
    pebbleslaura1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Im also trying to gain healthy and change my relationship with food lovely to have people to share this jorney with ☺
  • rachelthomas135
    rachelthomas135 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I've had anorexia and problems with weight/food since I was 10ish and a lot of it stemmed from exactly this, so I'd love it and really appreciate it if you wanted some more support & someone to share your journey with a bit! it's such a hard thing to do, especially if you're on your own, so some buddies would honestly be amazing. :) Best of luck lovely xxx
  • my_crutch
    Options
    Im also trying to gain healthy and change my relationship with food lovely to have people to share this jorney with ☺

Did it happen after you had kids? I find most ppl I talk to with it are quite young, 15, 13, but I was 23 prob before started
  • MissPoppie
    MissPoppie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 27 and I've had a very unhealthy attitude to food my whole life, either hardly eating any protein(I was raised vegetarian), hardly eating anything at all, eating far too much(chocolate and junk) and in the last couple of years I have slipped into the habit of only eating 2 meals a day(topped up with unhealthy snacks)

I've been unwell for the past 3 years - very low energy, pain around my joints, bad digestion, oral allergy syndrome(my tongue, lips and fingers swell up when I eat most things), my doctor has just diagnosed me with M.E. but I'm pretty sure this was all brought on by not eating right.

I've determined to make a change! I started last summer and managed to cut out sugar for 3 months but it was hard work because I had to make almost everything from scratch and it's gotten difficult for me to lift pans etc., or find the energy to cook so I've reverted to living on ready-meals and snacks... I'm going to change this as soon as I find someone to help me cook.
    For now though I'm just focusing on eating 3 times a day, eating meat at least once a week and trying to replace empty calories with healthy snacks.

When I gave up sugar I lost a lot of weight and it didn't come back when I started again - I miss my curves and my boobs! I've just joined My Fitness Pal and realised that the small meals I'm eating, even with chocolate and crisps, are only adding up to just over 1000cal a day S: I guess I need to start making bigger portions or eating little mini-meals in between!

Add me if you like (: