Personal Trainer Food

Options
I'm on my second week of Personal Trainer food, excited to see what happens

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Lol, I'm guess I'm not one of those 2,500 trainers who recommend this food.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    What is personal trainer food?
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I just looked at the website. 70% protein?!!!? That's just madness. Constipated madness.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'm guess it's like Herbalife or some ridiculously overpriced nonsense. I could be wrong though.

OP, care to elaborate? Is it not just normal food?
  • 3bambi3
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I'm guess it's like Herbalife or some ridiculously overpriced nonsense. I could be wrong though.

It isn't. It's one of those plans where you pay for all the food and they ship it to you. My favorite part:
    Real Food. Pre-Cooked, Frozen, No fillers like rice or noodles. No hidden sugars, or Bad Carbs. No preservatives or processed foods, just natural foods the way we ate 40 years ago.

LOL.

ETA: This is there idea of non-processed food:
    Western Omelet [Egg patty: Whole eggs, Whey, Skim milk, Butter flavored oil (Partially hydrogenated soybean oil, Salt, Soybean lecithin, Artificial flavors, Butter
    oil, Vitamin A palmitate, Beta carotene added for color), Soybean oil, Dried cream cheese product (Cream cheese, (Pasteurized milk and cream, Cheese culture,
    Salt, Carob bean gum), Nonfat dry milk, and Sodium phosphate), Modifed food starch, Salt, Xanthan gum, Liquid pepper extract, and Citric acid. Filling: Ham water
    added (Cured with: Water, Salt, Dextrose, Sodium phosphate, Smoke flavoring, Sodium erythorbate, Sodium nitrite), Onions, Red peppers, Green peppers,
    Pasteurized process cheddar cheese (Cheddar cheese (Pasteurized milk, Cheese culture, Salt, Enzymes), Water, Milkfat, Sodium phosphate, Sodium
    hexametaphosphate, Salt, Artificial color, with Cellulose powder added to prevent caking), Pasteurized process monterey jack cheese (Montery jack cheese
    (Pasteurized milk, Cheese culture, Salt, Enzymes), Water, Milkfat, Sodium phosphate, Salt, Sodium hexametaphosphate, with Cellulose powder added to prevent
    caking), Modified food starch, Salt.] Maple Sausage [Pork, Water, Sugar, Salt, Spices, Natural maple with other natural flavors, Dextrose, Autolyzed yeast, Natural
    flavor (Corn syrup solids, Lime juice solids, Natural flavor), Flavoring, BHT, TBHQ, Citric acid, Lactic acid.]
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

It isn't. It's one of those plans where you pay for all the food and they ship it to you. My favorite part:
    Real Food. Pre-Cooked, Frozen, No fillers like rice or noodles. No hidden sugars, or Bad Carbs. No preservatives or processed foods, just natural foods the way we ate 40 years ago.

LOL.

40 years ago? Like the 1970s? So what is that, like fondue parties and tang?
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    70% protein is craziness!
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Honest question. Why don't you just meal plan and buy healthy food options instead of frozen items?
  • retropactum
    retropactum Posts: 75 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ugh, I hated their products. The meat was so rubbery… it was ridiculous. I had high hope for the convenience factor, but yuck! Not to mention you have to store a month’s worth of food. Even as a single person, that was difficult. I think some is still lurking in the bottom of my mom’s garage freezer.

I’m glad you like it, but you can buy the same stuff from the store for much cheaper.
  • 3bambi3
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

LOL.

Yep. And everything in the microwave.

1970+microwave.jpg
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Filling: Ham water

Sign me up for that ham water.

This is one of my favorite quotes from the Q&A because it's so science-y: "We only recommend apples during weight loss mode. However you will be best off to avoid any fructose sweetened item to maximize fat burn. Fructose may be low glycemic however it will stimulate the liver forcing it to create body fat."
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I mean, the meals are kind of similar to the Salisbury Steak Dinners of the era

tvdin04.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

LOL.

1970+microwave.jpg

LOL - I think we had that microwave!

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

LOL.

And black light posters.
  • 3bambi3
    Options

LOL.

1970+microwave.jpg

LOL - I think we had that microwave!

Ooh, fancy! With inflation, the $299.95 price tag was the equivalent of $1,825. That better be one hell of a microwave.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

LOL.

Western Omelet [Egg patty: Whole eggs, Whey, Skim milk, Butter flavored oil (Partially hydrogenated soybean oil, Salt, Soybean lecithin, Artificial flavors, Butter
    oil, Vitamin A palmitate, Beta carotene added for color), Soybean oil, Dried cream cheese product (Cream cheese, (Pasteurized milk and cream, Cheese culture,
    Salt, Carob bean gum), Nonfat dry milk, and Sodium phosphate), Modifed food starch, Salt, Xanthan gum, Liquid pepper extract, and Citric acid. Filling: Ham water
    added (Cured with: Water, Salt, Dextrose, Sodium phosphate, Smoke flavoring, Sodium erythorbate, Sodium nitrite), Onions, Red peppers, Green peppers,
    Pasteurized process cheddar cheese (Cheddar cheese (Pasteurized milk, Cheese culture, Salt, Enzymes), Water, Milkfat, Sodium phosphate, Sodium
    hexametaphosphate, Salt, Artificial color, with Cellulose powder added to prevent caking), Pasteurized process monterey jack cheese (Montery jack cheese
    (Pasteurized milk, Cheese culture, Salt, Enzymes), Water, Milkfat, Sodium phosphate, Salt, Sodium hexametaphosphate, with Cellulose powder added to prevent
    caking), Modified food starch, Salt.] Maple Sausage [Pork, Water, Sugar, Salt, Spices, Natural maple with other natural flavors, Dextrose, Autolyzed yeast, Natural
    flavor (Corn syrup solids, Lime juice solids, Natural flavor), Flavoring, BHT, TBHQ, Citric acid, Lactic acid.]
    Irony at it's best. The "key" selling phrase is that this is food that "Personal Trainers" eat and recommend. To funny.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    At $13 per meal, it's no wonder they are promoting it as Personal Trainer food. If they give me some shares, I'll endorse it!! Hahaha.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

LOL.

Irony at it's best. The "key" selling phrase is that this is food that "Personal Trainers" eat and recommend. To funny.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Gag.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Hello there,

I just purchased a groupon for this food program and I am going to start it the 1st week of February. This will give me time to clean out my refrig or should I say to eat things I already have that are limited with this program. Now that you have tried it what did you like or NOT like about the program?

Any thoughts from those who have actually tried the program are appreciated.

thanks!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever tried the food program, "Personal Trainer Food"?

I am not looking for a critique of the program. I have found plenty on the pros and cons of the program. Not looking for whether or not I should or should not try the program.

My question is IF you have tried it -- what did you like or NOT like about the program? Was it good? What was good or bad about it? If you don't want to share it here, please message me.

Any thoughts from those who HAVE actually tried the program are appreciated.

Thanks!