100 lbs to lose...

Options
HDub3459
HDub3459 Posts: 21 Member
Hello everyone. I have been on MFP for awhile but in the past I have given up. This time I want things to be different. I quit smoking last month and figured since I could do that I can lose weight. I have type 2 diabetes and I am 45. I am hoping that I can lose around 100 lbs. I know thats a lot to lose but I think/hope I can really stick to it this time. Wish me luck! I would LOVE to hear any tips or tricks anyone has.

thanks!

Replies

• truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    If I can do it, you can too. I'm a 53 year old Type 2 diabetic and started getting serious about my health 4 years ago. Since then I've lost over 100 pounds and no longer take injectable insulin. Feel fee to add me as a friend if you'd like and I'll be happy to help you along your journey!
  • kmleaf
    kmleaf Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I also have many pounds to go but my 30 year old son just lost over 200 pounds using this website for calorie tracking and support. I figure if he can do it then anybody can because he loved his greasy food and Mountain Dew. It's going to be a long journey for me but I plan to keep my focus on getting/ staying healthy instead of weight loss. I want the pounds that I lose to be a bi-product of healthy eating. Since you just quit smoking, it sounds like your focus is on your health already. I wish us both the best of luck and I am determined to enjoy the journey...I hope you do too.
  • angeltilo
    angeltilo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I am on my second try on MFP also. Good job on quitting smoking. When I quit, going to the gym really helped me not want to smoke so I was actually really healthy at that time. Your face certainly doesn't look like you need to lose 100lbs but good luck! I've only been on for a week so I have no tip or tricks yet (except it does help to pre-fill in what you know you are eating for day- keeps me sticking with it). :)
  • EC13152
    EC13152 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We got this!

I'm also looking to lose around thirty pounds and preventing myself from developing diabetes. I too was also on MFP before, lost a lot of weight, and then gained it back because of my loss of self control. If you want to add me and we can support each other that would be awesome.
  • HDub3459
    Options
    Thanks every one! Its great to see so much support! I think we can ALL do this!

• HDub3459
    Options
    EC13152 I tried to add you as a friend but it just keeps telling me page not found. You can feel free to add me.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    You can do this. I'm 48, type 1 diabetic and I lost 100 pounds in one year using MFP.
  • HDub3459
    Options
    Keeponkickin that is AMAZING you are an inspiration! I am a type 2 diabetic and would love to get off of my insulin.