Rude Awakening

singinglinda
singinglinda Posts: 5 Member
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hey guys! Recently my brother was taken to the hospital with some health issues which they got under control for the most part. He then was taken back that same week for another issue. It was at this point along with some other popular health issues in my family that made me realize I needed to wake up and see where I was heading. I realized that I was heading down a road to depression along with having zero confidence. The thing is I am a vocal performance major. When I first started college I wasn't in great shape but I had more energy then I have now. I have definitely grown as a performer but there is only one thing holding me back... my weight. I feel that once I get into better shape I will have: a) more energy and b) more confidence.

I have been using myfitnesspal for about 11 days now and I have lost 6 pounds. I am beginning to feel better knowing that I am finally doing something about this!!!

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Hi. I am a singer too. Welcome to MFP!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    It's sad that bad things have to happen for us to realize where we're heading....but I think that's true for everyone. Best of luck on your journey!
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Hello and welcome to the site! I have found a ton of encouragement on here. I hope you find the same. If you are looking for friends send me an add.
  • LauraDubbleya
    LauraDubbleya Posts: 79 Member
    Welcome from a fellow singer as well!! You'll find this site extremely friendly and supportive. What a great career to be studying for!! I love singing but don't do it professionally. Just kareoke things and once I recorded a demo tape. THAT was fun.

Good luck. Add me as a friend if you want.!!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Singer's UNITE! lol welcome!
  • I am proud of you my beautiful daughter.
  • Wow 6 pounds in 11 days - wish my progress was going that quickly. Im not sure though - I am also doing weight training three times a week, so I HOPE some of my weight is muscle. I assume it is since I can fit into jeans that I couldn't button before. I hate the scale - i try to stay off of it if possible!!! Good luck with your goals and your vocal career!!

Wendy
  • xXsweetMiseryXx
    xXsweetMiseryXx Posts: 22 Member
    I'm also new here, and just got started on Tuesday. Down 3 1/2 pounds already, but I have a LONNNG way to go. I am also a singer, but like you, I have issues with my weight and it affects my self confidence. I hope that you can lose it. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.