daily weigh ins make me want to smash things like Hulk.

Options
13»

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    my weight is constantly fluctuating 1-4 sometimes 6 pounds up and down

if you cant deal with it dont weigh every day

Conventional wisdom is that weighing yourself once per week fixes/hides the fluctuations. This is not necessarily the case at all.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and it fluctuates daily. I know and understand this and the reasons why it happens. It does not upset me. It's just information. I know if I have been doing what I need to do or not. The scale does not tell me that.

If you are bothered by the daily weigh-ins, then don't do them. Weigh only once a week if you don't want to see the daily fluctuations.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Water retention can cause misleading measurments. If it really bothers you, if you can't look past the spikes logically, don't weigh yourself everyday.

"Doing X really bothers me and can ruin my whole day."

"Stop doing X."
  • sheltrk
    sheltrk Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love daily weigh-ins! They give me lots of data for my spreadsheets to crunch. More data helps me more accurately calculate my calorie needs. (Plus, I like to make graphs!) :D

6r3g3djjc36p.jpg
    ym4g92elzgg2.jpg
    nwi4h4nwvass.jpg
  • 85kurtz
    85kurtz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I so understand this. Once upon a time I weighed myself every day, but it lead to some serious dysfunction for me and eventually I gave up. Now I weigh myself maybe once a month and often longer. I know I am sticking to my kilojoule limit and exercise program because of MFP and my Misfit. I also know I am losing weight because my clothes seem to be stretching in the washing machine. :smile: I know that if I weigh myself too often those fluctuations would derail me.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Wake up in the morning, go toilet then bath or shower, dry off, stand in only undies and on the scale I go. Weight goes down for me every day but I only weigh-in maybe weekly or two-weely so I don't lose focus and to remind myself that I have lost weight. Scale can lie sometimes but hey its no biggie. If you losing weight and you see and feel the difference it feels better than the number on the scales. After I weigh I reward myself with a cold drink of water and then breakfast.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Love/hate the scale (mostly hate) - so I weigh once every two weeks or less. But I pay a lot of attention to how my clothes look & feel.