I keep having dreams about eating a bunch of junk!

Options
NiqueKristan
NiqueKristan Posts: 152 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello my fellow health conscious peers,
So, I have lost 35 pounds since mid January. I'm doing great. I do not deprive myself- I like to eat primarily healthy for my well being but I don't deny myself a burger and cookies one day of the week. Lately, at least 3 times a week, I've been having dreams (nightmares) that I stuff my face all day, all week long. I wake up feeling guilty. Why do I keep having these dreams? How do I stop feeling guilty? I guess I feel guilty because in my dreams I feel so happy!
Signed,
Binge eater in my dreams

Replies

• 85kurtz
    85kurtz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    This is so funny! I read once that we eat an average of 57 (I think that's the number) of insects per year in our sleep. I remember one night dreaming that I was eating pencils. I woke up chewing on something crunchy. Eeeek. Perhaps we should add that to our calorie count?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Can't tell you why you have these "happy" or "dreadful" dreams...

But I will add you must be feeling guilty subconsciously about something rather it be food you ate or are going to eat or something else you did or about to do... :D
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Can't tell you why you have these "happy" or "dreadful" dreams...

But I will add you must be feeling guilty subconsciously about something rather it be food you ate or are going to eat or something else you did or about to do... :D
    Unless Jenna Coleman's about to do something unexpected, I don't think this applies to all dreams.

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Hello my fellow health conscious peers,
    So, I have lost 35 pounds since mid January. I'm doing great. I do not deprive myself- I like to eat primarily healthy for my well being but I don't deny myself a burger and cookies one day of the week. Lately, at least 3 times a week, I've been having dreams (nightmares) that I stuff my face all day, all week long. I wake up feeling guilty. Why do I keep having these dreams? How do I stop feeling guilty? I guess I feel guilty because in my dreams I feel so happy!
    Signed,
    Binge eater in my dreams

You are probably just thinking about food a lot. But a dream interpretation expert might say that the food and eating represent something else. You could find a book or web site about that kind of thing and look it up.
  • shinisize
    shinisize Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It could just be that having cut a lot of that food out of your diet, and now being accustomed to filtering them out of what your conscious brain is focused on during the day, your subconscious is unloading what it is still collecting data on. My toddler has been watching a lot of nature documentaries lately, which means my dreams are now randomly narrated by David Attenborough.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,956 Member
    Options
    Since I started here back in February, I have dreams about eating about once a week. Probably because I'm focusing on food more than I was before (I'm thinking about it every day now, whereas before I hardly gave food a second thought) ... and probably because I'm a bit hungry.

I wake up relieved that I didn't eat an entire cake after all. :)

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I've had dreams like this. :) I'm sure it's a fear of failure. But you're succeeding, so it's all good!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    So long as it's chocolate, you're okay!
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    So funny- I've had those dreams, too - I'm at a huge buffet table that's piled high, and I'm just going to town on it! Never do feel any guilt about it, though...
  • galaxyeyed
    galaxyeyed Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've recently started having dreams like this too! Usually it's something like I'm eating something super yummy (last time it was cinnamon pull apart bread :yum: haha) and then realize I had eaten way over my calorie limit and I proceed to freak out. I always wake up feeling sad, disappointed, and guilty...and then ridiculous for even having the dream in the first place. But hey, I guess it just means that even my subconscious mind doesn't want to go back to overeating! :tongue:
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Laughing out loud! Well, it might be that since you know you can't eat a TON of junk at one time anymore, you somehow make yourself dream about it! It's kinda like knowing you can't have Johnny Depp, but hey, you can dream about him!