Please be honest.

Options
I've never worn a bikini in my life.

Please be honest, yay or nay? I get the whole if you have a body and a bikini then you have a bikini body but...just please be honest.... Thank you.

5y1992h09j61.jpg
tuaf402oi9pc.jpg

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Rock if only if you want people drooling...
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    You look great in it. If you want to wear it and you feel good in it, wear it.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You look fine.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    you look great, wear it while you can. I am 61 so tankini for me!
  • jmooose
    jmooose Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yeah your ok
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    You are wearing a bikini. What's the question?

Is the bikini the wrong color? wrong fit? what do you want our opinions on? Your body? If so, that will not end well. Can't compliment without being a creeper and cant criticize without being an *kitten*.
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Definitely yes. Your body looks great to me.

I know some people have their problem areas that they are sensitive about, so if you feel like you have that, then maybe go with little swim shorts instead of a bikini bottom or one of those little rap around things (can't think of the name!).
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Your body reminds me a lot of mine.. and I always wear a bikini! ;)
  • DoreenaV1975
    edited May 2015
    Options

I know some people have their problem areas that they are sensitive about, so if you feel like you have that, then maybe go with little swim shorts instead of a bikini bottom or one of those little rap around things (can't think of the name!).

sarong
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Honestly? You look gorgeous.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    You look fine, but how do you feel in it?
  • sassykitkat22
    sassykitkat22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i've been around the block a bit on here, i totally know what you mean @rainbowbow .....And where I would agree with you, I did honestly ask for opinions so, you can be an *kitten* it's fine. or a creeper.

I've gone through pretty much my whole life being overweight. The last two years after my child was born I was able to drop some weight and while I don't look perfect and clearly still have fat on my body I finally want to feel confident enough to sport a bikini. Obviously I won't gain that confidence from lies or from strangers on a forum but I also don't want to feel like a damn fool if I wear one I suppose.

It sucks to feel like you have to look for outside approval. It sucks to not be okay with yourself i guess. And i'm still working on my body so if you honestly wouldn't wear a bikini if you looked like this then I really don't mind you saying so. I'm still not sure I feel comfortable enough to do it so i'm trying to decide....though in all honesty this is for sure the closest i've gotten so i feel sort of proud about that.

Sorry, I'm rambling.
  • sassykitkat22
    Options

I've been reading that with a pear shaped body that you should try to stay away from the swim shorts because it calls attention to the bottom? I have another pair of bottoms that are solid black that go a little closer to my belly button I may try.

I'm mostly uncomfortable about my stomach.

• KatieMusselwhite92113
    KatieMusselwhite92113 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've never worn a bikini in my life.

Please be honest, yay or nay? I get the whole if you have a body and a bikini then you have a bikini body but...just please be honest.... Thank you.

5y1992h09j61.jpg
    tuaf402oi9pc.jpg

You look great, but if you're not comfortable and confident in it, you won't be happy!
  • DoreenaV1975
    edited May 2015
    Options

I've been reading that with a pear shaped body that you should try to stay away from the swim shorts because it calls attention to the bottom? I have another pair of bottoms that are solid black that go a little closer to my belly button I may try.

Yes... swim shorts actually make you appear bigger. The higher the cut the longer and thinner your legs appear!
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options

Oh and I have never had a flat stomach, even at my skinniest, younger, and before kids, so at nearly 40 and after 2 kids.. there is no way that will probably ever happen. So I just accept it and rock it! :smile:
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful. My only concern is that mole on your side, lol. It's pretty dark...get it checked. Sorry, I'm just a bit paranoid. I had malignant melanoma 8 years ago...not fun.
  • sassykitkat22
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    You look beautiful. My only concern is that mole on your side, lol. It's pretty dark...get it checked. Sorry, I'm just a bit paranoid. I had malignant melanoma 8 years ago...not fun.

HA, thank you. It runs in my family too, it's horrible!!!! I want to go in and have everything freaking removed.

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Ah, okay, OP. I'll be honest then... let's hope i don't get flagged out the wazoo....

My personal opinion is that you are definitely on the chubby side... but not enough to cross the threshold of being too big to wear a bikini. You have a pretty nice body, but i think it could be even nicer with some weight lifting and fat loss.

I can see that you're a pear (like i am) and have more pudge on the outer corners of your hips/thighs than your stomach. I know you said your stomach is your problem area, but honestly i don't see that at all.

If i were you, i WOULD be okay with going out in a bikini at that stage, however, as suggested above i'd probably wear a sarong mid-leg length that is flowey and sheer. That way you'd be flashing some leg (which looks nice) and it'd accentuate your waist/chest area while only really covering your problem area (your hip/thigh/butt).

Either way though, i think it's most important that you feel comfortable wearing it out. And of course, my opinions on another persons body don't mean jack crap. :) Feel free to take anything that was helpful and ignore anything that wasnt.
  • sassykitkat22
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Ah, okay, OP. I'll be honest then... let's hope i don't get flagged out the wazoo....

My personal opinion is that you are definitely on the chubby side... but not enough to cross the threshold of being too big to wear a bikini. You have a pretty nice body, but i think it could be even nicer with some weight lifting and fat loss.

I can see that you're a pear (like i am) and have more pudge on the outer corners of your hips/thighs than your stomach. I know you said your stomach is your problem area, but honestly i don't see that at all.

If i were you, i WOULD be okay with going out in a bikini at that stage, however, as suggested above i'd probably wear a sarong mid-leg length that is flowey and sheer. That way you'd be flashing some leg (which looks nice) and it'd accentuate your waist/chest area while only really covering your problem area (your hip/thigh/butt).

Either way though, i think it's most important that you feel comfortable wearing it out. And of course, my opinions on another persons body don't mean jack crap. :) Feel free to take anything that was helpful and ignore anything that wasnt.

Thank you. :) I was going to say, i'm the freaking poster child for too much damn cardio and no lifting. lol I look great with clothes on. but whomp whomp naked. I'm almost at my goal weight and still not freaking happy, so annoying. My bottom half is definitely gah! I think i'm mostly insecure about my stomach because i've never shown it off if that makes sense.

See I think you said that very nicely. lol

I actually have a high waist suit that I do think I look great in, but i want a real bikini damnit!