Fitness bands

Options
I am looking for advice on a fitness band. I am looking at the Vivo Fit but also saw the Pivotal Living. I would love to hear what others think.

Also am wondering, How important is a heart monitor?

Replies

• jsickman12
    jsickman12 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't have any personal expreience with the Vivo Fit or Pivotal Living. My wife went with the Jawbone Up, and she loves it. I only use HR monitor when I am working out so I can track HR Zones, always gives me an idea of where I am at for long runs or rides.
  • LetMeGetUsername
    LetMeGetUsername Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The only experience I have is with Fitbit - I've had the Flex and now have the Charge - I really like them, and they sync with MFP (not sure if the ones you are looking at do as well). I got the Charge b/c my elliptical's heartrate monitor was not giving me accurate readings and I didn't know if I was exercising appropriately - the Fitbit HR is much more accurate, so I like that.
  • thaoXLIV
    thaoXLIV Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the Vivo Fit and I love it! One of the biggest advantages is that you never have to charge it. My sister has a Fitbit and she stopped wearing it because she kept having to take it off to charge. I guess it depends on your level or dedication. I've probably taken mine off maybe 3-4 times since I got it this past Christmas, otherwise I always have it on, even in the shower because it's waterproof.

It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but I'm all about simplicity. I did buy the separate heartrate monitor. I don't always use it when I exercise, but it's helpful when I'm doing exercises like Pure Barre where I'm not doing much movement.

I recently discovered that it will track my steps if I run in place, which is helpful for me to keep active throughout the day when I can't travel around. Some call it cheating, but at least I'm on my feet. And I wouldn't make my step count which is over 15,000 now (the step goal increases as you meet your goal everyday). It gives me the opportunity to get up every hour and do 1000-2000 steps.
  • JuliaStutler
    JuliaStutler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. I got a VivoFit and have loving it but now having sync problems