So bummed.

Options
I weighed myself this morning and I am the same weight as I was this time last week. :indifferent: I weighed myself wednesday and I was 4 pounds less. So what's going on here? Shouldn't I have lost and kept if not 4 pounds atleast 2? I watched what I ate and only went over 90 calories earlier in the week but wednesday showed me at less weight anyway. I'm confused.

Replies

• Erica92627
    Options
    I weighed myself this morning and I am the same weight as I was this time last week. :indifferent: I weighed myself wednesday and I was 4 pounds less. So what's going on here? Shouldn't I have lost and kept if not 4 pounds atleast 2? I watched what I ate and only went over 90 calories earlier in the week but wednesday showed me at less weight anyway. I'm confused.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up. One of the things I have learned is it isn't about how fast you lose but the choices you make. Keep making healthy choices and the changes will come.

You can do this.
  • linda4
    linda4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It could be water. Please don't be discouraged. "The Biggest Loser" contestants also exeperience this fluctuation. Try to only weigh yourself on a weekly basis.

This sort of thing happened to me and I learned that stepping up my walk from 1 mile to something close to 2 miles (well, it's my goal of 2 miles) daily helped me drop those 4 lbs and continue down the path of loosing.

I was tired of dieting this weekend but have a renewed sense of self today. Hope you're feeling better about your progress soon.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    It was probably water weight...try to only take seriously the weight on your designated weigh-in, when you wake up, after your 'duties' and before you eat brekkie. :smile:
  • Erica92627
    Options
    I'lll keep that in mind, thank you. So, if I don't want the water weight, do I lower my water intake a few glasses from 8 to maybe 5 or 6?
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'lll keep that in mind, thank you. So, if I don't want the water weight, do I lower my water intake a few glasses from 8 to maybe 5 or 6?

NO! Water weight is not the amount of water you are drinking, it's how much water you are retaining. It may seem odd to think about it this way but by drinking at least 8 glasses you are helping your body to flush out water. The amount of water you drink should also vary according to how active you are. On days I workout I probably drink closer to 12 glasses of water.

Your water weight can vary from day to day depending on lots of things like how much sodium you had that day and what time of the month it is.
  • Erica92627
    Options
    This is all starting to make a lot of sense. I love water and used to drink lots and lots of it, but when I started cutting back and turned 30 i noticed my weight increase dramaticly. I'll try to stick and reach my 8 glasses a day.