Starting Impromy!

Options
Kasey_1994
Kasey_1994 Posts: 24 Member
So tomorrow I'm starting Impromy. If anyone is using this program, please add me. It would be great to see other people's results and experiences :)

Replies

• LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    What is it?
  • Kasey_1994
    Options
    A weightloss program designed by the sciencentists at the CSIRO. It's Australian
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    http://impromy.com

looks like some kind of consulting/tracking/weigh in program. I also notice they sell their own bars and shakes.

OP - i would try using MFP for free and save your money. but that is my .02
  • Kasey_1994
    Options
    I do use mfp and have not lost weight due to my circumstances. My money has been well spent. This isn't a cheap diet. You have to have blood tests etc to even sign up
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Kasey_1994 wrote: »
    I do use mfp and have not lost weight due to my circumstances. My money has been well spent. This isn't a cheap diet. You have to have blood tests etc to even sign up

what are your circumstances?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Care to elaborate on your circumstances? There are some extremely knowledgeable people on here who could offer some guidance.

Also, expensive + blood tests =/= a magic diet plan.
  • Kasey_1994
    Options
    It isn't a magic diet plan. It's a well researched eating program. You probably haven't hears of it because you aren't in Australia.
    My circumstances aren't really anybody else's business and I myself am also very knowledgeable. I am studying to become a personal trainer and have already lost 25kg/55lbs by myself. Now I'm investing in a proven program to assist me in losing the last 10kg/22lbs
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    It isn't a magic diet plan. It's a well researched eating program. You probably haven't hears of it because you aren't in Australia.
    My circumstances aren't really anybody else's business and I myself am also very knowledgeable. I am studying to become a personal trainer and have already lost 25kg/55lbs by myself. Now I'm investing in a proven program to assist me in losing the last 10kg/22lbs

Hmm...I'll be looking for them to win the next Nobel prize for curing obesity, then! This is very exciting news!

Sounds like you have it all figured out, good luck on your journey.
  • ndj1979
    Options

if you are so knowledgeable why do you need to pay someone to help you lose the last 20 pounds?

set MFP to 1 pound per week loss
    get a food scale and weigh all solids
    log everything
    hit your macors/micros
    strength train/run/lift heavy, etc
    repeat until you hit desired goal

CICO applies to everyone….
  • Kasey_1994
    Options
    Like I said, my circumstances are a bit different at the moment. Thanks for all the helpful advice though
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mquyscyGVa1qz4rgp.gif
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    thank god, CICO is finally dead

RIP MFP
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    It's a meal replacement diet. Nothing more, and certainly nothing special about it. You could do the same thing for free just counting calories. But if you want to spend your money, go for it. *shrug*
  • jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    "The program has been released by Probiotec exclusively through pharmacies and is administered under the supervision of trained pharmacy staff."

So who is Probiotec?

"Established in 1997 as a single site operation, Probiotec Limited has a reputation for innovation and rapid response to market opportunities."

"...a leading manufacturer, marketer and distributor of a diverse, high quality range of prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) pharmaceuticals, complementary medicines and specialty ingredients..."

http://www.probiotec.com.au/about/

http://www.probiotec.com.au/our-brands/

Oy Vey! I'll stick to natural, whole foods.

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Honey, I didn't read your email - I just deleted it without reading it. I don't care if you're upset by my response. These products are a dime a dozen, designed to get money off of people like you. Additionally, someone who is "training to be a personal trainer" should know that.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    Honey, I didn't read your email - I just deleted it without reading it. I don't care if you're upset by my response. These products are a dime a dozen, designed to get money off of people like you. Additionally, someone who is "training to be a personal trainer" should know that.

agree
  • Kasey_1994
    Options
    I regret posting in the community. Anyone that ccommented only did it to post their opinion on something that they haven't researched. I've had personal messages from several people which are just hurtful.
    If you haven't researched the topic and only want to bully people or make them feel bad, please don't respond to their posts.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    I regret posting in the community. Anyone that ccommented only did it to post their opinion on something that they haven't researched. I've had personal messages from several people which are just hurtful.
    If you haven't researched the topic and only want to bully people or make them feel bad, please don't respond to their posts.

Darlin', you started the PM's. The people here aren't bullies. You get out of the forums what you put into them.

Also, no reason to research a meal replacement plan that is exactly like every other meal replacement plan on the market, anywhere in the world. They're all the same.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    The chemist around the corner from me does the impromy plan. I tried a couple of their shakes which were nice.
    From what I've seen it's similar concept to weight watchers, minus the meetings..
    Op you won't get much help here, as there's not many of us Aussies on the forum. You'd be better off finding am Australian health forum to hook up with other impromy users.

Good luck