My Story So Far

Options
ruggedshutter
ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
edited March 2015 in Success Stories
Just wanted to share my story so far. My weight loss started about 5 years ago. I was at my heaviest at 240 pounds. My intention wasn't really to lose weight at that time, I was under so much stress that I could barely eat. Over the course of 6 months, I dropped 50 pounds and was at 190 pounds. I felt the best that I had in years and I had all kinds of energy.

Over the course of 4.5 years I have slowly put 21 of those pounds back on. In October, I weighed in and was disgusted with myself when I saw the scale read 211. It took me until January to really kick things up and start my weight loss but I had already lost 4 pounds by then.

So in January, I started back with MFP and kicked up the exercise. I had an analog food scale and purchased a digital one mid-January because I wanted the accuracy. That transformed everything. I weighed everything that I could find. :D

Today I reached one of my first weight goals of 190 pounds. This is about my half-way point and I plan to continue until I'm just under what I weighed 19 years ago, when I was in high-school, at 178. It always takes longer than anyone wants but I'll get there. 17 pounds gone...15 left.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!