shrinking feet?

Options
M_lifts
M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
Hi all

just wondering if anyone has experienced this? I seem to have lost a shoe size. Normally wear a uk 6;but when trying on shoes yesterday they were far too big. Size 5 was ok albeit snug. I was trying on wedges incase that helps. If only there was a size 5.5!!!

Replies

• kelsey054
    kelsey054 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It is perfectly normal for your feet to shrink. When both of my parents had gastric bypass surgery they shrunk 2 or 3 sizes.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Yes...when you lose weight you lose weight in your feet too!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Yup. I think you aren't squishing them out as much, too...
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Didnt realise that feet could shrink lol
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Just like when you are pregnant your feet get bigger, if you lose weight your feet shrink. Tried on shoes yesterday, i went down half a size :)
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yup!! I've gone from a 9 to a 8 1/2 (so far). Totally normal:smile:
  • betterthanmama
    betterthanmama Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I worked in a shoe store and can confirm that when a person loses weight, shoe size changes. Also your feet become more narrow due to less pressure spreading your bones out. a small change in weight can also make heels feel different too. You should try some high heels to see what amazing progress you have made!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 11.5 to a 9.5-10. It happens
  • JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Options
    wow! i hope my feet shrink! im an 11 and its hard finding cute shoes!!!
  • frankbo25
    frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yes I used to wear a size 13(US) and since losing over 83lbs I now wear size 12!!
  • hairypete1138
    hairypete1138 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I hope to God that my feet shrink - I'm sick of being laughed at in shoe shops when I ask if they have something in a size 15!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I was really shocked by this too. My feet have always been really big and wide (13 4E US Men's size). I'm almost able to fit into a normal width size, and I do have a pair of 2E shoes. If I can get down to being able to wear normal width shoes I'd be ridiculously happy.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    A lot of people find their feet get bigger when they put on weight, so I suppose it's natural they should get smaller again when you lose it. My feet grew half a size when I had children, I haven't measured to see if they have shrunk back down.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Mine shrank a size last time I lost weight. Consier in an NSV!

Marks and Spencers and Clarks still do half sizes, so you can get your 5.5 there!
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I've totally experienced this. When I was 18 I was a size UK 3 1/2 and at 24 years old I was buying size 5 shoes. But after losing a bit of weight I bought some shoes that were a size 3 the other day. I thought my feet were still growing but I just got fat. Bring on the cute shoes!!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    a small change in weight can also make heels feel different too. You should try some high heels to see what amazing progress you have made!

so THAT'S how Victoria Beckham does it :laugh:
  • parvy123
    parvy123 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    a small change in weight can also make heels feel different too. You should try some high heels to see what amazing progress you have made!

so THAT'S how Victoria Beckham does it :laugh:

LOL - too true!
    I have only lost 30 pounds but the heels I couldn't wear before feel much easier to walk in - they are still very painful if I walk for too long but it certainly is progress!
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i was a size 11 in womens shoes in high school and now im a size 9.5 or 10 depending on the shoe
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I thought my trainers were starting to feel loose. I cant believe I just put that to 'breaking in'
  • plantboy2
    plantboy2 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I lost weight off my fingers too - my wedding ring needed adjusting after I first lost weight and now it is loose again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!